• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Google Wallet is Live in India Now [For ALL]

#aniket

TF Ace
They already have a separate app for the same purpose and it is very successful too, maybe they want to stick with that.
Yes but at least card feature could have been incorporated.

Weird POV: If not possible then other features of Wallet should have been incorporated in G-Pay only, though it will become lil heavy.

I haven't received notification when you replied.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Source of data, <0.1%, or is this your survey?
Ofcourse my survey.

First check how many NFC Android phones available in Indian market.
2nd check how many people buy premium NFC Android phones in India.
3rd, you already know that Apple does not support NFC payments in India yet.

Very few people use NFC based Tap & Pay payments through Android phones in their daily life.

habibmy

TF Premier
For Samsung Devices, Samsung Wallet has enriched features even for UPI and all, in comparison to Google Wallet.

The matter is, any Android user can use Google wallet unlike in case of Samsung Wallet, if the device is NFC enabled.
What does Samsung Wallet and Google wallet do ?

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
just now installed the App from play store following options are visible
Unfortunately, Google is gonna keep Gpay for payments (Tap to pay / UPI etc) whereas wallet only for loyalty membership, Gift vouchers and the other options you see on the screen only.

Stupid move by google as I was hoping that we could use tap to pay on GW using Google Wallet as Samsung pay sometimes doesn't work on some POS machines citing error 'Intl cards not allowed' I think it has something to do with how Spay saves & tokenises the cards, whereas Gpay works on the same POS machine (Phone NFC)

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
wallet app is WearOS ready which would enable Tap2Pay feature for smart watches, which is not available in GPay (as the app itself isn't available for smartwatches)

currently, Samsung has monopoly of SPay app in wearables (that too only for samsung) and restricts Rupay cards (same as GPay) as well as many banks (who have not tied up with them like IDFC, etc).

@Abhishek012 any idea when Rupay cards would be allowed for Tap2Pay feature in GPay as well as other apps like samsung pay ?
Weird. I installed the app on my Galaxy watch but unable to add my cards. Will we be able to add cards on our WearOS watches or will have to add via GWallet app on phone ?

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Weird. I installed the app on my Galaxy watch but unable to add my cards. Will we be able to add cards on our WearOS watches or will have to add via GWallet app on phone ?
check xda, some say that by changing region, you can install and add cards.. but after sometime, the app stops working and so, you need to re-install it and re-add cards

not worth the hassle

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
check xda, some say that by changing region, you can install and add cards.. but after sometime, the app stops working and so, you need to re-install it and re-add cards

not worth the hassle
Hmm. Yeah. TBH, the wallet app is not that great it seems. Mainly, I was waiting for it to launch so I could use it on my Watch but seems it was not worth the wait.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hmm. Yeah. TBH, the wallet app is not that great it seems. Mainly, I was waiting for it to launch so I could use it on my Watch but seems it was not worth the wait.
same,

btw, never saw 'Intl cards not allowed' error on any POS. I wanted wallet app so that I could add cards from banks which are not supported currently (idfc, etc)

Reactions: SSV

SmartyAadi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
same,

btw, never saw 'Intl cards not allowed' error on any POS. I wanted wallet app so that I could add cards from banks which are not supported currently (idfc, etc)
IDFC still doesn't work with Gpay ( Atleast for me ) so don't think would work with Gwallet.
I see the error rarely. Usually works 8 out of 10 times. The issue is with Paytm POS only (Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't)

techt

TF Legend
Unfortunately, Google is gonna keep Gpay for payments (Tap to pay / UPI etc) whereas wallet only for loyalty membership, Gift vouchers and the other options you see on the screen only.

Stupid move by google as I was hoping that we could use tap to pay on GW using Google Wallet as Samsung pay sometimes doesn't work on some POS machines citing error 'Intl cards not allowed' I think it has something to do with how Spay saves & tokenises the cards, whereas Gpay works on the same POS machine (Phone NFC)
And Pokémon cards 💳