Regalia Gold Finally got my regalia gold card after 5 rejections in 1.5 months

SahilKr24

TL;DR - If you don't get a core HFDC card (but you do qualify for it) without an account or get banned for 6 months, just open an preferred account with them and ask your RM to get you the card.

Hello,

I just wanted to express how helpful this community has been in my journey to obtain the Regalia Gold card. Thanks a lot to this community. I recently created an account, but I had been following this forum for quite some time.

It all started when I wanted to get a Tata Neu Infinity card, so I tried to apply for it via the Tata Neu app. However, the app only offered me Tata Neu Plus with a 40K limit. I checked the Tata Neu HDFC eligibility criteria and realized I was well above the required monthly salary. I work for a US-based startup, so I decided to pursue the card offline.

On August 24th, I visited my local HDFC branch, filled out the application form, and the agent told me that I would get the Tata Neu Infinity card FYF (First Year Free), as they had taken my salary slips and verification should be completed within a week. So, I waited, but a week passed without a confirmation call. Instead, I received a call from a third-party bank mitra agency for offline KYC for an HDFC credit card, specifically the Tata Neu Plus card with a 40K limit. I had only checked the limit for this card, but somehow they had generated an application number and were trying to process it.

I emailed the credit card team to inquire about my new application, and they informed me that there was an older application open (Tata Neu Plus), so my offline application (Infinity) was auto-archived. I replied that they should close the previous application since I was not interested in that card and wanted to pursue the current application for Tata Neu Plus.

Two days later, I received a response stating that the new application couldn't be un-archived, and the older application had been declined. I was told I had to wait for six months to apply for a new card. This was infuriating, so I emailed them asking for specific reasons for the rejection of the Neu Plus application and why I was banned when I hadn't even completed the KYC for that card. I also emailed the PNO (Principal Nodal Officer) regarding the same but received no response.

I decided to visit a different HDFC bank branch and spoke to a credit card representative who informed me that the only way to get the Regalia Gold card was by opening an account. Without an account, the best card they could offer me was a Diners Club Privilege card.

Meanwhile, I contemplated opening an account, and I received a call from HDFC confirming details for a Tata Neu Infinity card with a different application number (3rd) than the previous one. I confirmed the details, and they said the application would be processed in seven working days. However, on the third day of processing, the application was denied.

The following day, I emailed the customer service team again, asking for reasons for the decline. They mentioned that the home address and the mailing address were different from what was present in Aadhaar, as someone at HDFC had swapped my permanent address for the mailing address, leading to the card being declined. I was also asked to send verification documents to a Chennai address, which seemed like a classic HDFC move.

At this point, I was very confused, so I went ahead and opened a new bank account with HDFC SB Max. According to my Relationship Manager (RM), I deposited two lakh rupees as initial funding and immediately got enrolled in the preferred banking program. My RM then applied for the Regalia Gold card, which I was more interested in this time. However, the application was once again declined, stating that I already had a previous application open, which was the second attempt for the Tata Neu Infinity card.

I called my RM and informed him that if this continued, I would close the account immediately. My RM then contacted the credit card customer team through his internal channels, and my application was registered again with a new application number. This time it was processed in seven working days. According to my RM, the application had to be manually processed at each step because it would auto-decline as soon as it was entered into the computer system.

It took 42 days, 4 failed applications, a 6-month ban (apparently), and opening a whole new HDFC account to finally obtain this card, which I honestly have no use for. (except for C2C later on). They gave me a 4L credit limit, and I could have gotten an Infinia or Diners Club Black card, as I was well above the eligibility for those cards too, but they wouldn't be First Year Free. At some point, I was so annoyed by HDFC's antics that I wanted to get this card just as proof that even if a private sector bank bans you for 6 months, you can throw some money at them and see the magic happen. The only difference in HDFC's case was a Customer ID.

P.S. I know it was a waste of time, effort and money.

Thanks for reading. <3

Card_Maddy

Thanks man. I have Apay and SBI cashback that give 1% on offline spends. I still have to see if offline spends on regalia provide a better ROI or not. Maybe an upgrade to Infinia later on in life.
Bhaiya app bade lucky ho if they said to give u infinia honestly speaking i have asked for even paid infinia declined and aap ko mil rha hai aap le ni rhe. aur wo b 2 Lakhs ke account pe just few months relation.

db24

TL;DR - If you don't get a core HFDC card (but you do qualify for it) without an account or get banned for 6 months, just open an preferred account with them and ask your RM to get you the card.

Hello,

I just wanted to express how helpful this community has been in my journey to obtain the Regalia Gold card. Thanks a lot to this community. I recently created an account, but I had been following this forum for quite some time.

It all started when I wanted to get a Tata Neu Infinity card, so I tried to apply for it via the Tata Neu app. However, the app only offered me Tata Neu Plus with a 40K limit. I checked the Tata Neu HDFC eligibility criteria and realized I was well above the required monthly salary. I work for a US-based startup, so I decided to pursue the card offline.

On August 24th, I visited my local HDFC branch, filled out the application form, and the agent told me that I would get the Tata Neu Infinity card FYF (First Year Free), as they had taken my salary slips and verification should be completed within a week. So, I waited, but a week passed without a confirmation call. Instead, I received a call from a third-party bank mitra agency for offline KYC for an HDFC credit card, specifically the Tata Neu Plus card with a 40K limit. I had only checked the limit for this card, but somehow they had generated an application number and were trying to process it.

I emailed the credit card team to inquire about my new application, and they informed me that there was an older application open (Tata Neu Plus), so my offline application (Infinity) was auto-archived. I replied that they should close the previous application since I was not interested in that card and wanted to pursue the current application for Tata Neu Plus.

Two days later, I received a response stating that the new application couldn't be un-archived, and the older application had been declined. I was told I had to wait for six months to apply for a new card. This was infuriating, so I emailed them asking for specific reasons for the rejection of the Neu Plus application and why I was banned when I hadn't even completed the KYC for that card. I also emailed the PNO (Principal Nodal Officer) regarding the same but received no response.

I decided to visit a different HDFC bank branch and spoke to a credit card representative who informed me that the only way to get the Regalia Gold card was by opening an account. Without an account, the best card they could offer me was a Diners Club Privilege card.

Meanwhile, I contemplated opening an account, and I received a call from HDFC confirming details for a Tata Neu Infinity card with a different application number (3rd) than the previous one. I confirmed the details, and they said the application would be processed in seven working days. However, on the third day of processing, the application was denied.

The following day, I emailed the customer service team again, asking for reasons for the decline. They mentioned that the home address and the mailing address were different from what was present in Aadhaar, as someone at HDFC had swapped my permanent address for the mailing address, leading to the card being declined. I was also asked to send verification documents to a Chennai address, which seemed like a classic HDFC move.

At this point, I was very confused, so I went ahead and opened a new bank account with HDFC SB Max. According to my Relationship Manager (RM), I deposited two lakh rupees as initial funding and immediately got enrolled in the preferred banking program. My RM then applied for the Regalia Gold card, which I was more interested in this time. However, the application was once again declined, stating that I already had a previous application open, which was the second attempt for the Tata Neu Infinity card.

I called my RM and informed him that if this continued, I would close the account immediately. My RM then contacted the credit card customer team through his internal channels, and my application was registered again with a new application number. This time it was processed in seven working days. According to my RM, the application had to be manually processed at each step because it would auto-decline as soon as it was entered into the computer system.

It took 42 days, 4 failed applications, a 6-month ban (apparently), and opening a whole new HDFC account to finally obtain this card, which I honestly have no use for. (except for C2C later on). They gave me a 4L credit limit, and I could have gotten an Infinia or Diners Club Black card, as I was well above the eligibility for those cards too, but they wouldn't be First Year Free. At some point, I was so annoyed by HDFC's antics that I wanted to get this card just as proof that even if a private sector bank bans you for 6 months, you can throw some money at them and see the magic happen. The only difference in HDFC's case was a Customer ID.

Thanks for reading. <3
itana sab karane ke badh paid card liya?

BUDHRAJ

NEED SOME ADVICE :
currently i asked hdfc to close my 2 credit cards as limit was too low and niether they are upgrading my cards nor giving le, and my current rm and bm is useless..

now i am thinking of closing the current saving account too and then will open a new account in different branch with high initial funding to directly get preferred..

can someone please suggest which cards can i get, currently i have highest limit of 4.2L on icici amazon and mmt card, axis cards has around 2.5L limits

is there any premium hdfc card which i can get easily ?

SahilKr24

Bhaiya app bade lucky ho if they said to give u infinia honestly speaking i have asked for even paid infinia declined and aap ko mil rha hai aap le ni rhe. aur wo b 2 Lakhs ke account pe just few months relation.
Haan ab lag raha hai forum me comments dekhne ke baad, maybe RM ko lagta hai ki voh mujhe cards offer karega toh mai salary account hdfc me transfer karwa lunga 🤣

SahilKr24

NEED SOME ADVICE :
currently i asked hdfc to close my 2 credit cards as limit was too low and niether they are upgrading my cards nor giving le, and my current rm and bm is useless..

now i am thinking of closing the current saving account too and then will open a new account in different branch with high initial funding to directly get preferred..

can someone please suggest which cards can i get, currently i have highest limit of 4.2L on icici amazon and mmt card, axis cards has around 2.5L limits

Even if you close your savings account and try to reopen, your customer id would not change, so it's better to apply for shifting to a diff branch where you can get a good RM. If the new RM wants they can make your HDFC account preferred by sending an invite by talking to BE.
What I can suggest is, you visit a branch near your office or something and tell them you want to transfer your account here and then talk to any of the RM from that branch. Get them to agree to give you preferred banking and then transfer the account.
Once you close your cards there might be a cooling period of 3 months so make sure to clear with your BE. Btw is your current card millenia?
Diners privilege is the max premium card they give without much hassle if you go via RM route.

BUDHRAJ

Even if you close your savings account and try to reopen, your customer id would not change, so it's better to apply for shifting to a diff branch where you can get a good RM. If the new RM wants they can make your HDFC account preferred by sending an invite by talking to BE.
What I can suggest is, you visit a branch near your office or something and tell them you want to transfer your account here and then talk to any of the RM from that branch. Get them to agree to give you preferred banking and then transfer the account.
Once you close your cards there might be a cooling period of 3 months so make sure to clear with your BE. Btw is your current card millenia?
Diners privilege is the max premium card they give without much hassle if you go via RM route.
was stuck with moneyback+ from last 2 years..

well as for the preferred, most of the branch people are not that helping and because of that i am thinking of closing the account, as i also tried in other branch too, even after long discussion they said they can only provide preferred on new account directly..
i will try in third branch too..

my doubt is will i again get pre-approved offers for cc ?
or can i apply via branch before 3 months cooling period ?

Hello,

Thanks for reading. <3
Where is this branch? I have kept 50 lakhs plus and they didn’t help me at all.

AsB

Hello,

Thanks for reading. <3
My questions -
1) Did you get Regalia Gold as LTF or FYF ?
2) Can you share a masked photo?

My scenario - Got Axis bank Credit Card after getting rejected for 6 times in 2 years, thanks to the community. I have a few other struggles, but this one is Axis bank and Axis bank deserves a special place in banking hell, so I wanted to share

My questions -

My scenario - Got Axis bank Credit Card after getting rejected for 6 times in 2 years, thanks to the community. I have a few other struggles, but this one is Axis bank and Axis bank deserves a special place in banking hell, so I wanted to share
It’s funny how this works so randomly. I got both my Axis cards (Flipkart and Airtel) instantly without any doc or relationship with Axis and with decent limits of 2.75 lakhs. However, in my case, HDFC and AU have refused me several times despite maintaining a high balance. So it really depends on luck. One bank can be super easy for some and super hard for others.

redcarpet

My questions -

Bro why u want masked photo? Its useless.

aayusharyan

NEED SOME ADVICE :

Try changing branch. It might work. RM and BM have the capacity to get it done internally.