• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Filing ITR for the 1st Time Next year

Saif77

TF Select
will be filing my ITR for the 1st time next year.

Want an axis card.

Pre-approved for my zone card right now. every card i own now is an entry level one. Should i wait and directly apply for AXIS magnus next year or i should start with a basic card right now?? New to credit world and used just entry level cards since last 9 months. Will love to hear all of you people’s advice.

anirbanm

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I would suggest you to first take whatever you're getting. I did same, for Axis Privilege with 50000 limit as pre approved offer.

Want an axis card.

Pre-approved for my zone card right now. every card i own now is an entry level one. Should i wait and directly apply for AXIS magnus next year or i should start with a basic card right now?? New to credit world and used just entry level cards since last 9 months. Will love to hear all of you people’s advice..

souvikr

TF Premier

Want an axis card.

Pre-approved for my zone card right now. every card i own now is an entry level one. Should i wait and directly apply for AXIS magnus next year or i should start with a basic card right now?? New to credit world and used just entry level cards since last 9 months. Will love to hear all of you people’s advice.
If you just started you career focus on creating wealth because once you get that shiny piece of metal/plastic it's going to make you spend more :) Use your credit card only to save some money on necessary purchases. It's just my advice, you might choose to ignore.

Saif77

TF Select
I totally get your point bro. I m just looking to save money within my usual spends. Thanks for the advice.

gurbina

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
From personal experience and due to lack of credit score (no loans, no credit cards, etc) even with a good salary they would not grant me any decent card. The best I managed to get is Vistara Infinite from Axis and that with a limit of 70k, which for the annual fees they charge (10k+GST) it was pretty bad. And even for that it I had to fight it a bit and reject many offers of fairly worthless cards.

After about 6 months I finally managed to get a Magnus but every time I look back at all those sweet 25k ER points missed every month. Not that Vistara is any bad, it is one of the best cards for airline points which has almost no restrictions on points earning including from rental payments which is very good but obviously no card comes close to Magnus when you hit the 1L milestone.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Please take the available basic cards and build a good credit history under ur pan
ITR combinedly have fixed and variable so it adds weight for applying cards like magnus
Using cc will make one spend more than earning is a myth imo as long as one have financial discipline we can save bucks

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
From personal experience and due to lack of credit score (no loans, no credit cards, etc) even with a good salary they would not grant me any decent card. The best I managed to get is Vistara Infinite from Axis and that with a limit of 70k, which for the annual fees they charge (10k+GST) it was pretty bad. And even for that it I had to fight it a bit and reject many offers of fairly worthless cards.

After about 6 months I finally managed to get a Magnus but every time I look back at all those sweet 25k ER points missed every month. Not that Vistara is any bad, it is one of the best cards for airline points which has almost no restrictions on points earning including from rental payments which is very good but obviously no card comes close to Magnus when you hit the 1L milestone.
Vistara is the second best card after Magnus

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
You would say Cashback is second best after Magnus?
If one has good spending power they can use magnus til 1l and post which vistara can be used for since the vistara milestone free tickets are open in year time not monthly I mean whenever we cross 1l we get free tickets in vistara card

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
There are 3 variables right in vistara
The top tier have gold membership in cv and yearly 4 or 5 tickets for a 12 lakh spend
Yea, the infinite variant is actually better in most ways,
Tickets for annual fees, and then 2.5L,5L,7.5L and 12L milestone

Personally don't see worth in it after spending 7.5L in a year

Already at 2L spent from as they had a promo for 2X points and also reached 69 day milestone

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Yea, the infinite variant is actually better in most ways,
Tickets for annual fees, and then 2.5L,5L,7.5L and 12L milestone

Personally don't see worth in it after spending 7.5L in a year

Already at 2L spent from as they had a promo for 2X points and also reached 69 day milestone
So u r nearing first free flying in business class dude
Enjoy happy skyiying

souvikr

TF Premier
Using cc will make one spend more than earning is a myth imo as long as one have financial discipline we can save bucks
It's not myth. May be you have good financial discipline and may be you are experienced in managing money as well. But it's not the case for everyone. I have seen people who couldn't save anything in 5-8 years of career just because of they overspent on credit cards and still in debt trap. Beginners are most vulnerable.

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
It's not myth. May be you have good financial discipline and may be you are experienced in managing money as well. But it's not the case for everyone. I have seen people who couldn't save anything in 5-8 years of career just because of they overspent on credit cards and still in debt trap. Beginners are most vulnerable.
Good heads-up for beginners
Agree with you👊👍

Saif77

TF Select
Please take the available basic cards and build a good credit history under ur pan
ITR combinedly have fixed and variable so it adds weight for applying cards like magnus
I do have 3 basic cards - HDFC Moneyback,ICICI Coral, BOB Easy, AXIS INDIANOIL ( just got approved).

I will turn 22 this nov.

All LTF . I do have this cards for around 8-9 months now. I have saved good bucks just by replacing them with my debit cards. As of now, i didnt go for extra spends just for the sake of CCs.

I just use CCs for the extra benefits and the 45 days period. I get extra intrest from the banks. Free money.

I’m an active day trader from last 2 years, so I rarely spend in luxuries these days. Just some gadgets here and there. I pay all the household bills etc. So free money all in all😂

Thanks for all the advice Big Bros

Saif77

TF Select
Only thing I messed up with is “Hell Lot of enquiries”

50 enquiries in 1.3 years of cibil history.

Peak Cibil - 763.

Current Cibil - 749

Enquiries gonna hurt me later?

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
I do have 3 basic cards - HDFC Moneyback,ICICI Coral, BOB Easy, AXIS INDIANOIL ( just got approved).

I will turn 22 this nov.

All LTF . I do have this cards for around 8-9 months now. I have saved good bucks just by replacing them with my debit cards. As of now, i didnt go for extra spends just for the sake of CCs.

I just use CCs for the extra benefits and the 45 days period. I get extra intrest from the banks. Free money.

I’m an active day trader from last 2 years, so I rarely spend in luxuries these days. Just some gadgets here and there. I pay all the household bills etc. So free money all in all😂

Thanks for all the advice Big Bros
Keep it up bro we r here for sharing and caring
Not otp and card numbers ok lol
Just fun:)
Since u r in trading u know capital management too all the best👍