• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Festive offer 10% off with AUbank CC

shsinha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Received SMS from Au bank that
"Dear Customer, SALE starts at midnight! Get 10% Cashback on mobiles, electronics & apparels on Flipkart & Amazon with AU Credit Card. Validity: 7th - 12th Oct'23. Know more https://m.aubk.in/AJqwadi0BMi
- AU Bank"

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Seems to targeted offer. I didn’t get such message. Also better to use other banks card if you have for instant discount instead of cashback.

shsinha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
10% (upto 1500) cash back + 5% on electronics (1000 Rs max) + 2.5% RP can get you 15-17.5% valueback ... Could be better than 10% instant discount

thegame

TF Premier
I was talking about LIT card. Terms and conditions says this... 1696609582844.png
Correct..

If you are going to spend 15-20k for the whole month with AU LIT card on the offer mentioned categories in Amazon/FK then its better to use LIT card with features ON as without the features, it will be direct 1500 off on 15k so overall 10% reward rate for 15k spends, also switching ON the features has the feature charges like 299+GST for 90 days for 5% upto 1000 on electronics etc but gives more reward rate.

Also 10x RP is now 2% as now 1RP is 0.2Rs devalued from 0.25Rs earlier, so 10x = 2Rs

So if you are switching ON the below features which would be 353 for 90 days each for
1)milestone 2) 5% electronics 3) 10% RPs for online

so overall 1059 for 90days.. so if you are buying 15k mobile then it will be 1500Rs festive CB offer + 500Rs milestone (5% on above 7.5k spends) + 300Rs for 10x spends + 750Rs for 5% electronics

Total CB = Rs 3050 - Rs 1059 (for features) = Rs 1991~ 13.27% overall for 15k spends for one month, if you spend 10k for 2nd and 3rd month on 5% electronics, you can have the final reward rate as 12.5% overall for 3 months

thegame

TF Premier

Random123

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
according to the offer T&Cs yes.. and also 5% off electronics upto 1000

Applicable Categories: Mobile Phones, Electronics, Household Appliances, Furniture & Apparels
Thanks. Sorry for not clear but what I was asking is if any transaction on amazon would could for this / category milestone ?
Like if we buy gold coin, will that be counted for this offer and also get tagged for electronics milestone ?

phronimos

TF Buzz
Thanks. Sorry for not clear but what I was asking is if any transaction on amazon would could for this / category milestone ?
Like if we buy gold coin, will that be counted for this offer and also get tagged for electronics milestone ?
No all transactions are not eligible. Visa mcc reported by Amazon will decide cashback as given in T and C.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231008-121809~2.png
    Screenshot_20231008-121809~2.png
    16 KB · Views: 9

thegame

TF Premier
as mentioned by @phronimos it depends on MCC tagged and 5% is off on electronics so don't think it will work on gold coin or GC purchases in Amazon/FK/Croma etc..

You are eligible for:
• Additional 5% cashback for travel, dining, grocery, electronics, & apparel expenses in addition to 1 Reward Point per INR 100 spent

thegame

TF Premier
Thanks @phronimos and @thegame for the response. So does amazon generally send different MCC based on category ? Sorry for the basic question but thought atleast shopping on amazon would be tagged in same mcc.
yes.. also you can try with a small amount to confirm at your end as 5% off reflects in 2-3 days time in the app so if there is no tagging of Amazon transactions under 5% electronics CB category after 2-3 days or max 5 days then for sure it means that category is not eligible like bill payments/GCs etc

Random123

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
yes.. also you can try with a small amount to confirm at your end as 5% off reflects in 2-3 days time in the app so if there is no tagging of Amazon transactions under 5% electronics CB category after 2-3 days or max 5 days then for sure it means that category is not eligible like bill payments/GCs etc
Thanks for the suggestion. Just one last query - recently bought gold coin in amazon using sbi card - found it is tagged under grocery using Ila. Amazon pay India Priva www.amazon.in IN is the merchant name. The MCC would be same irrespective of the cc right ?

thegame

TF Premier
Thanks for the suggestion. Just one last query - recently bought gold coin in amazon using sbi card - found it is tagged under grocery using Ila. Amazon pay India Priva www.amazon.in IN is the merchant name. The MCC would be same irrespective of the cc right ?
The MCC would be same irrespective of the cc right ? -- this I guess depends on the provider i.e. AMEX/Visa/Mastercard etc as they may have different codes for the same merchant but at bank wise should be same i.e. Axis VISA and SBI VISA but would request others to share their feedback..