• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Federal Bank - Fi Money and Jupiter Hike Service Charges for Savings Accounts from June 1st, 2024

Shraaj

TF Premier
Summary: Federal Bank & Fi Money customers will experience increased service charges from June 1st, 2024. This affects Virtual & Physical Debit Card issuance, account closure, and AMB requirements.

Article: In an email, Federal Bank notified customers of changes in service charges for Federal Bank-Fi Money & Jupiter Accounts. From June 1st, 2024, customers will face revised fees in various banking areas.

Virtual Debit Card Charges: The issuance of a Virtual Debit Card will now cost ₹354 (including GST), an increase from previous pricing.

Physical Debit Card Charges: Customers will be charged a flat fee of ₹399 (including GST) for the issuance and maintenance of Physical Debit Cards. This applies to all account types except Salary Accounts.

Account Closure Charges: Closure of Fi Money accounts after 14 days of creation will cost ₹299 (including GST).. This is applicable to all account variant

Zero Balance Accounts: All accounts, including Standard, Plus, and Infinite, must now maintain a minimum monthly average balance (AMB). Specific requirements have not yet been disclosed. These changes may disappoint customers who opened accounts in early 2021 when fees were lower.

image.png

1714471439113.png
Federal Bank Charges Read it from Page no.9

Attachments

• Service Charges and Fees (With effect from 01st June 2024).pdf
    386.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

praful47

TF Ace
I need strong evidence to support my complaint.
I need a proof where jupiter has clearly mentioned that account would be lifetime zero balance and debit card would be lifetime free.
( I have tweet of jupiter care )
But I think it's not enough

If anybody has got some strong proof then please let me know .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-04-18-20-40-749_com.twitter.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-04-18-20-40-749_com.twitter.android.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 15

praful47

TF Ace
I need strong evidence to support my complaint.
I need a proof where jupiter has clearly mentioned that account would be lifetime zero balance and debit card would be lifetime free.
( I have tweet of jupiter care )
But I think it's not enough

If anybody has got some strong proof then please let me know .
I contacted to their chat support they are saying that it was promised in the year 2022 . But now new changes are implemented and customer are intimated and thats normal industry practice.

doraemon

TF Legend
I contacted to their chat support they are saying that it was promised in the year 2022 . But now new changes are implemented and customer are intimated and thats normal industry practice.
That's correct
See nothing can't be guaranteed and we all know that

They are Neo banks
And the main bank (federal incase)
Is the ultimate bank here and they have all rights to amend/impose charges as per their discretion
Provided they follow the RBI directives in that regard

Moreover they have duly notified the customer in advance hence there remain no question of fraud here

In banking industry even in any industry it's common practice and terms and conditions we agree on account opening
Explicitly contains that any terms can be changed as per discretion
Provided change is intimated in advance
And u always have option to close account if u don't wish to consent with new terms

praful47

TF Ace
That's correct
See nothing can't be guaranteed and we all know that

They are Neo banks
And the main bank (federal incase)
Is the ultimate bank here and they have all rights to amend/impose charges as per their discretion
Provided they follow the RBI directives in that regard

Moreover they have duly notified the customer in advance hence there remain no question of fraud here

In banking industry even in any industry it's common practice and terms and conditions we agree on account opening
Explicitly contains that any terms can be changed as per discretion
Provided change is intimated in advance
And u always have option to close account if u don't wish to consent with new terms
I know this .... And I know RBI would go in favour of federal . Federal is doing their job correctly but jupiter is misleading their customers