• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Federal Bank - Fi Money and Jupiter Hike Service Charges for Savings Accounts from June 1st, 2024

Shraaj

TF Premier
Summary: Federal Bank & Fi Money customers will experience increased service charges from June 1st, 2024. This affects Virtual & Physical Debit Card issuance, account closure, and AMB requirements.

Article: In an email, Federal Bank notified customers of changes in service charges for Federal Bank-Fi Money & Jupiter Accounts. From June 1st, 2024, customers will face revised fees in various banking areas.

Virtual Debit Card Charges: The issuance of a Virtual Debit Card will now cost ₹354 (including GST), an increase from previous pricing.

Physical Debit Card Charges: Customers will be charged a flat fee of ₹399 (including GST) for the issuance and maintenance of Physical Debit Cards. This applies to all account types except Salary Accounts.

Account Closure Charges: Closure of Fi Money accounts after 14 days of creation will cost ₹299 (including GST).. This is applicable to all account variant

Zero Balance Accounts: All accounts, including Standard, Plus, and Infinite, must now maintain a minimum monthly average balance (AMB). Specific requirements have not yet been disclosed. These changes may disappoint customers who opened accounts in early 2021 when fees were lower.

image.png

1714471439113.png
Federal Bank Charges Read it from Page no.9

Attachments

• Service Charges and Fees (With effect from 01st June 2024).pdf
    386.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

TF Select
I opened my account in Sep'23. I was on Infinite Plan (50K) for a few months but now on Plus Plan (10K) since last month.

I have an upcoming trip in June where I want to use (or keep it for backup) it for ZERO forex markup fee. I might upgrade to Infinite plan for that month, just in case I need to spend more than 30k.

If I close my account in July, do I need to pay 299+GST as closing charges?

PS: For Forex use:
1. I have RBL World Safari LTF CC for Zero Forex Markup. It (as well as Fi Debit Card) worked flawlessly in UAE in Jan'23.
2. I plan to use BOB JCB Rupay CC for 25% cashback but not sure if it will work properly or not (because it is not visa/master).
3. I also have a OneCard (by federal bank) which has 1%+GST Forex Markup fee.

Last edited:

praful47

TF Ace
I opened my account in Sep'23. I was on Infinite Plan (50K) for a few months but now on Plus Plan (10K) since last month.

I have an upcoming trip in June where I want to use (or keep it for backup) it for ZERO forex markup fee. I might upgrade to Infinite plan for that month, just in case I need to spend more than 30k.

If I close my account in July, do I need to pay 299+GST as closing charges?

PS: For Forex use:
1. I have RBL World Safari LTF CC for Zero Forex Markup. It (as well as Fi Debit Card) worked flawlessly in UAE in Jan'23.
2. I plan to use BOB JCB Rupay CC for 25% cashback but not sure if it will work properly or not (because it is not visa/master).
If they will charge at that time .... Withdraw everything and let account go dormant

praful47

TF Ace
So, what is the crux?
Close both Fi and Jupiter?
I have Jupiter Pro by maintaining 10k FD?
Should I close FD, move funds to other account and request account closure?
Why maintain 10k fd in Neo banks move to some other private banks ... You will get better offers and services.
They are increasing their charges like any other banks with less facilities.

falcon007

TF Premier
Why maintain 10k fd in Neo banks move to some other private banks ... You will get better offers and services.
They are increasing their charges like any other banks with less facilities.
I had maintained this account to have penny transactions for UPI and to avoid AMB and AMC on DC I have maintained 10k FD.

Now, thinking to close this account since they're anyways levying DC charges.

praful47

TF Ace
I had maintained this account to have penny transactions for UPI and to avoid AMB and AMC on DC I have maintained 10k FD.

Now, thinking to close this account since they're anyways levying DC charges.
They have started charging non maintenance charges... It's no more zero balance account.
But jupiter is silent they betraying their customers by not informing them.
Federal has already communicated their customers with changes in charges.

falcon007

TF Premier
Jupiter Pots account is showing as dormant (when fetched from Federal website)

I transferred some amount to it and it's successful, but unable to withdraw from it now.

Chat support is available on weekdays. 😵‍💫

the_collector

TF Premier
@Shraaj @the_collector any reviews/opinions about NiyoX by equitas?

I feel as a bank equitas sfb has been quite transparent and i have seen their journey over the last couple of years
Pretty good overall. I personally don't have it but a friend does.

You can get it either with equitas or utkarsh sfb.

I think overall they've maintained their value prop and not made significant changes.

I still would not consider it as I've lost my trust with Neo banks. I was using FI for small UPI transactions for over 2 years now. And I've seen the trajectory. It's not worth thinking it's going to be the same when the Neo bank is dependent on a main bank. When the policies change from the main bank, the Neo bank has no option but to comply and it severely hampers their value prop.

I will be traveling abroad this year and will definitely get niyoglobal though.

TF Select
Pretty good overall. I personally don't have it but a friend does.

You can get it either with equitas or utkarsh sfb.

I think overall they've maintained their value prop and not made significant changes.

I still would not consider it as I've lost my trust with Neo banks. I was using FI for small UPI transactions for over 2 years now. And I've seen the trajectory. It's not worth thinking it's going to be the same when the Neo bank is dependent on a main bank. When the policies change from the main bank, the Neo bank has no option but to comply and it severely hampers their value prop.

I will be traveling abroad this year and will definitely get niyoglobal though.
I had Niyo Global (SBM) but I closed my account when SBM had issues.

Should I get Niyo Global (Equitas) saving account for zero forex markup fee?