• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Federal Bank Celesta Mastercard application experience

sjmajumder

TF Ace
I closed One Card earlier to apply for Scapia but as Scapia is not issuing new cards decided to go with Federal Bank Celesta MC.

One Card was closed on 29th December but I was unable to apply for Celesta as system kept saying "You are already using Federal Bank Credit Card services". So, I wrote to customer care and they asked me to provide proof of One Card closure. Provided mail from One card team and also shared CIBIL report where closure date was reflecting as 29th December. They asked me to wait for cool down period which is 90 days. But even when I tried on 1st April system was giving the same error, so I wrote back to customer care. They opened a ticket and kept giving me updates every 3/4 days saying team working on it, we need some more time. Yesterday night also I saw a mail from them and wrote back saying it's already 15 days when is the problem going to be resolved? As usual after sending the mail I tried applying and Voila! it worked. It was around 9:10 pm when I submitted the application. System only asked for last 3 months salary account bank statement. Did not ask for salary slip, no Aadhaar verification, no address proof or anything else, no VKYC either.

Today morning at 10:57 received SMS your card is issued. That was superfast...card issued in less than 14 hours. The SMS also said I can use the digital card from FedMobile app but when tried to register, after mobile number verification it is asking for 14 digit Federal Bank account number and not allowing to proceed :(

Let's wait and see when I receive the card.

Update:
Card issued Signet Visa with 1.2L CL
Requested for cancellation on 18-Apr as they refused to upgrade to Celesta MC
Card received through Delhivery on 22-Apr
Card closed on 26-Apr (exactly on the 7th working day from date of request :cry:)

Last edited:
So after how much time of opening fi account you got federal core card preapproved?
Let me give you another senario. My friend opened a jupiter account 2 years ago and left it there with zero balance. He just did first transaction for referral benefit thats it. In dec 2023 he got a pre-approved jupiter federal cc mail from jupiter with limit of 4.4 lacs and he ignored it after a while( march 2024) i asked him to apply directly on fed website and he got a fed celesta visa there with 4.62lac limit without any cibil hit.

First image is from dec 2023 and 2nd celesta image is from march 2024.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-04-25 at 22.28.15_9a21cf47.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-25 at 22.28.15_9a21cf47.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 19
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-04-25 at 22.33.45_ba1fdf08.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-04-25 at 22.33.45_ba1fdf08.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am just waiting so that they don't cancel my card and I can ask for compensation as per RBI rules :D
They converted my Imperio to celesta.
They have not responded on email yet but I received an SMS around 6 in the morning today that the Imperio variant is transferred and they will dispatch the new card soon. Checked the federal app, Celesta is showing instead of Imperio. no CL enhancement though.

Last edited:

sjmajumder

TF Ace
They converted my Imperio to celesta.
They have not responded on email yet but I received an SMS around 6 in the morning today. Checked the federal app, Celesta is showing instead of Imperio. no CL enhancement though.
Surprising. They replied to me on mail saying they don't have the feature to upgrade card and suggested to cancel and re-apply after 90 days.

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Surprising. They replied to me on mail saying they don't have the feature to upgrade card and suggested to cancel and re-apply after 90 days.
First level team said the same thing to me.
then I escalated to nodal and PNO, told I had applied for Celesta but you approved Imperio, either convert it to celesta with higher limit or cancel the card. Quoted this case as miss-selling and told if I do not get a proper resolution will escalate to RBIO.

Also, I had shown interest in Celesta card from their website. Through that, I received a call from their team and they were going to apply for celesta for me. But when I explained her my situation, she said she would pass this conversion request to their Card Issuance team. Maybe that worked.

Last edited:

sjmajumder

TF Ace
First level team has said the same thing to me.
then I escalated to nodal and PNO, told I had applied for Celesta but you approved Imperio, either convert it to celesta with higher limit or cancel the card. Quoted this case as miss-selling and told if I do not get a proper resolution will escalate to RBIO.

Also, I had shown interest in Celesta card from their website. Through that, I received a call from their team and they were going to apply for celesta for me. But when I explained her my situation, she said she would pass this conversion request to their Card Issuance team. Maybe that worked.
Can you share the nodal and PNO email ids please.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Last edited:

diptarkaroy

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I closed One Card earlier to apply for Scapia but as Scapia is not issuing new cards decided to go with Federal Bank Celesta MC.

One Card was closed on 29th December but I was unable to apply for Celesta as system kept saying "You are already using Federal Bank Credit Card services". So, I wrote to customer care and they asked me to provide proof of One Card closure. Provided mail from One card team and also shared CIBIL report where closure date was reflecting as 29th December. They asked me to wait for cool down period which is 90 days. But even when I tried on 1st April system was giving the same error, so I wrote back to customer care. They opened a ticket and kept giving me updates every 3/4 days saying team working on it, we need some more time. Yesterday night also I saw a mail from them and wrote back saying it's already 15 days when is the problem going to be resolved? As usual after sending the mail I tried applying and Voila! it worked. It was around 9:10 pm when I submitted the application. System only asked for last 3 months salary account bank statement. Did not ask for salary slip, no Aadhaar verification, no address proof or anything else, no VKYC either.

Today morning at 10:57 received SMS your card is issued. That was superfast...card issued in less than 14 hours. The SMS also said I can use the digital card from FedMobile app but when tried to register, after mobile number verification it is asking for 14 digit Federal Bank account number and not allowing to proceed :(

Let's wait and see when I receive the card.

Update:
Card issued Signet Visa with 1.2L CL
Requested for cancellation on 18-Apr as they refused to upgrade to Celesta MC
Card received through Delhivery on 22-Apr
Card closed on 26-Apr (exactly on the 7th working day from date of request :cry:)

I’m just going to upload the last 3 months bank statement while trying to get Celesta

Ques: will I get card selection option in the next page?

Last edited: