• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Father retiring next year (Central gov). Last try for SBI LTF CC?

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'm once again asking for your support in fetching me an SBI LTF CC. What I can offer -
Father -
  1. Father (central gov employee) is retiring next year, He'll get a lump sum amount. We'll invest it in a bunch of MF and FD. I can use that money as a leverage to get CC.
  2. His gross salary is ~18LPA. Salary account at SBI. I've asked for an LTF CC, it was denied.
Me -
  1. Private salaried employee. Salary satisfies LTF for DCB, Sapphiro and Eterna (I have all three LTF). But none of this works for SBI, C2C application denied.
  2. I am an IIT alumni. Unfortunately, no offers at my college SBI branch. I do have a normal savings account though.
Please help on tips and tricks.

Feel The Bern Meme GIF by Bernie Sanders

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, it's possible. SBI has special PBB Branches is big cities n towns. They are better equipped for customers like your dad.
Sir, could you please expand what PBB stands for?

This is a great suggestion. I'll try to visit a branch in a Tier 1 city nearby.

Thank you again.

edit: PBB = Personal Banking Branch. Found the answer in another comment.

Last edited:

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
See I don't know why you want basis sbi cc has ltf? It will serve no purpose in term of reward. I could understand if you wanted sbi prime/elite or even it super premium cc. Get sbi cb.
  1. Cashback - pin code not serviceable. I am happy to get this one paid. I can then transfer purchases from APay and FK Axis to this single card.
  2. Prime/Elite - TBH with you, these are my target CCs. But LTF only. CB is better for paid.
Lower variants - I'm trying my chances with LTF. The purpose of this post was to check if there's a possibility to get them LTF. If not, that's alright as well.

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Personal banking branch
They handle HNI clients
Dont expect miracle tho
Thanks again.

I'm flattered you considering this case as HNI. No miracles expected though.

Father has a 30 year old SBI salary account. There may have been a time when CCs were offered LTF easily. But not today.

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
PBB - Personal Banking Branch.
No Agri, no SSI, no C&I, no SME, No Govt business. Only pure PER segment business.

In addition to these PBBs, SBI has opened a number of Diamond/Kohinoor branches - for top tier HNIs.
You've been so helpful sir.

A quick google search reveals that Kohinoor branches expect at least 1 Ce deposit.
That is a good reference point for me to calculate my expectations and drive the conversation accordingly.

SamPtnk

TF Ace
Thanks again.

I'm flattered you considering this case as HNI. No miracles expected though.

Father has a 30 year old SBI salary account. There may have been a time when CCs were offered LTF easily. But not today.
Yeah after the de merger they hardly give out LTF unless you belong to Group A services of state /central

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Building upon this, does SBI offer LTF CC to salary account holders? Currently under CSP Platinum category
Ha ha, you're right in your later comment.

SBI local branch has tried to dupe many a customers. All they offer is "LTF" but it is "LTF on satisfaction of spend criteria each year".

I don't know if they've actually sold these plots to some innocent account holder.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
  1. Cashback - pin code not serviceable. I am happy to get this one paid. I can then transfer purchases from APay and FK Axis to this single card.
  2. Prime/Elite - TBH with you, these are my target CCs. But LTF only. CB is better for paid.
Lower variants - I'm trying my chances with LTF. The purpose of this post was to check if there's a possibility to get them LTF. If not, that's alright as well.
As far we have discussed, right of the bat, ltf on sbi is issued through IIT and some other tie that we might not know. But for general public sbi is issued on paid basis so even on cb just like I did I raised for closure and got fees reversed so it fyf every year until you don't want to pay but you need to call a month prior and do follow up once you paid the fees that work for sbi cb cause that card is rewarding for other sbi cc I not sure if that effort is required until you already have 3 to 5 old sbi cc. He hold sbi simplyclick ltf vs me who don't hold as ltf cause I haven't had a chance not to complete 1 lakhs so next year would Try and I'm sure ltf would be on the card for me cause my sbi simplyclick would be then 4 yr old on then.

Batman

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As far we have discussed, right of the bat, ltf on sbi is issued through IIT and some other tie that we might not know. But for general public sbi is issued on paid basis so even on cb just like I did I raised for closure and got fees reversed so it fyf every year until you don't want to pay but you need to call a month prior and do follow up once you paid the fees that work for sbi cb cause that card is rewarding for other sbi cc I not sure if that effort is required until you already have 3 to 5 old sbi cc. He hold sbi simplyclick ltf vs me who don't hold as ltf cause I haven't had a chance not to complete 1 lakhs so next year would Try and I'm sure ltf would be on the card for me cause my sbi simplyclick would be then 4 yr old on then.
You've mentioned some interesting facts here. Thanks for sharing. I'll try once again for Cashback.

Afaik Cashback is issued online. So thr branch can't help. Right?