• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[FAKE CALL] Imp: Bob adding ancillary services costing 48K per month on Credit cards

luckymurari

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
edit: Based on comments below looks like this is a fake/scam call. Please be alert and sorry for the confusion created.

-----------------------------

Today I received a call from BOB customer care saying they mistakenly added some services that cost 48K rs per month to multiple customers. They mentioned that they received lot of complaints in this regard and hence proactively reaching out to customers asking them to cancel. She mentioned that these services were added by agents without knowledge of customer

I couldn't find the services detail in my account or in my CC statement but they were taking my confirmation to cancel it. Please check your account if any unnecessary services are added.

My card on which this happened:
BoB card: Premier
Charges : LTF

Last edited:

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Today I received a call from BOB customer care saying they mistakenly added some services that cost 48K rs per month to multiple customers. They mentioned that they received lot of complaints in this regard and hence proactively reaching out to customers asking them to cancel. She mentioned that these services were added by agents without knowledge of customer

I couldn't find the services detail in my account or in my CC statement but they were taking my confirmation to cancel it. Please check your account if any unnecessary services are added.

My card on which this happened:
BoB card: Premier
Charges : LTF
Could be a fake call - hope you have not shared any confidential data with the executive. SBI is famous for making such calls.

luckymurari

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have now changed the online limits of the card to 100rs and stopped international transactions. Please advise if I should do anything more to avoid getting scammed

SiddharthR

TF Ace
I have now changed the online limits of the card to 100rs and stopped international transactions. Please advise if I should do anything more to avoid getting scammed
Nothing will happen unless you give OTP in case of domestic,
This type scam was also going to happen with me incase of SBI (a long ago when I was new to CC), I had given the OTP too. But, I had already blocked all online & offline transaction on call before giving OTP, and thought give them a try. Nothing happened afterwards and the card details given has now been changed because that had been expired 🤠

Last edited:

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I got a same call, they knew first 8 digits my name and card expiry.
They were smart in guessing card expiry - they asked me is your card working? When was the delivery date? I informed the month - hence they gave a correct expiry date, given cards are usually given with 5 years expiry.
First 8 digits I think they can get based on BoB premier. But I still didn’t understand how did they get my information - I had applied the card online, no agent was involved. They got my mobile number, name correct (maybe true caller) and the card variant. Most likely there is someone in the bank leaking these details for cash.

And funny thing is they said we do half verification 🤣 I will give you first 8 and expiry you give me last 8. I didn’t give her details obviously seemed like a scam. I was like then you will also need my CVV, she said of course. I told her to get a job rather than doing this and disconnected the call.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I got a same call, they knew first 8 digits my name and card expiry.
They were smart in guessing card expiry - they asked me is your card working? When was the delivery date? I informed the month - hence they gave a correct expiry date, given cards are usually given with 5 years expiry.
First 8 digits I think they can get based on BoB premier. But I still didn’t understand how did they get my information - I had applied the card online, no agent was involved. They got my mobile number, name correct (maybe true caller) and the card variant. Most likely there is someone in the bank leaking these details for cash.

And funny thing is they said we do half verification 🤣 I will give you first 8 and expiry you give me last 8. I didn’t give her details obviously seemed like a scam. I was like then you will also need my CVV, she said of course. I told her to get a job rather than doing this and disconnected the call.
when you swipe the card at supermarkets, hotels, etc, the customer copy that gets generated has your name on it.
card variants can be identified using bin number first 6 digits.

next time they do 'half verification ' , ask them to give you th last 8 digits!!

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
when you swipe the card at supermarkets, hotels, etc, the customer copy that gets generated has your name on it.
card variants can be identified using bin number first 6 digits.

next time they do 'half verification ' , ask them to give you th last 8 digits!!
I never used that card anywhere except bms. I told her give me last 8, she said it doesn’t work like that lol. I was in my office, else I would have played her for fun.

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thats why I avoid sarkari bank cards. Sbi was an exception as it backend was handled by GE. But they also are getting worse over time. No checks in these govt institutions. Everyone is for salary only.....

luckymurari

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yeah, I too didn't use this card anywhere. It is a very new card and used it only on Cred and Cheq to add the card for payments.

My guess is someone inside is doing this. Good thing is BOB gives very low Limit :ROFLMAO:. So hopefully no issues - I took this card only for Rupay and since LTF. But even though it is Rupay unable to add it to UPI - so may be I should just close it.

ramirami

TF Select
Not sure how to do the replace. Block option is there but still on hedge whether to block it or not :p
The card is already compromised. You have no idea what new means of exploitation will open up in the future - for example, m. You may have prevented misuse by commonly known means right now by setting limit to 100, but if I were you, I'd block it and get it reissued.

arn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I received a call yesterday, from a mobile number 8961483995 , truecaller shows it as BoB Creditcard Services, and not marked as spam.
they were saying that the card I received got some free vouchers of amazon for around 1500rs or so. and to deliver it they want to verify first.
I said I dont have card handy call me after 6PM ( and she again called at 6:10, though I didnt picked this time).

so can any member confirm if there surely was some offer like that on BoB card procured in January ?

SiddharthR

TF Ace
I received a call yesterday, from a mobile number 8961483995 , truecaller shows it as BoB Creditcard Services, and not marked as spam.
they were saying that the card I received got some free vouchers of amazon for around 1500rs or so. and to deliver it they want to verify first.
I said I dont have card handy call me after 6PM ( and she again called at 6:10, though I didnt picked this time).

so can any member confirm if there surely was some offer like that on BoB card procured in January ?
AFAIK, no bank calls with personal numbers & hence proved.
(H.P. This is a fake call)

Reactions: arn

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I received a similar call from someone claiming to be from SBI. I applied for an SBI cashback CC a few months ago and I didn't complete my KYC as I didn't want the card. Someone recently called me and said they can process my card application on c2c basis if I provided my card information ON CALL. The greedy bugger wanted information on all my cards so I could get a better limit. It seemed kinda sketchy so I cut the call. What are the chances it was a genuine call? :LOL: