• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Europe Trip Flight Cost Estimation

Enigmatic

TF Buzz
Hello there,

I have been a holder of an Axis Bank credit card since January 2023, and currently, I have accumulated 70,000 points. I will also be receiving an additional 75,000 bonus points for the months of February, March, and April. This means that I will have a total of at least 150,000 points, which I can convert into air miles, amounting to 120,000 miles.

I am curious to know if these points are sufficient for me to book a round-trip flight from India to Italy using air miles. If anyone has booked flight tickets using air miles, could you please let me know the approximate cost?

Thank you.

Sharjeelshaikh

TF Premier
Some noob questions here, as I've never done an award booking before. I have some points in Miles & More from a Swiss Air travel from before, who are a part of the Star Alliance. Does anyone know how can I transfer ERs to Swiss via Turkish? And what if I want to transfer all these points (including existing Swiss points) to Lufthansa? Or perhaps I can transfer to Turkish for now and club points from both Turkish and Swiss for a Lufthansa award flight at checkout?
Swiss is not partner of axis so er cannot be transferred to swiss.lufthansa too i think is not part of axis partner.what u can do is book ur Europe's tour with Turkish using Er with a pit stop. In istanbul.u won't need Turkish visa as pnr would be same for eg del ist ist zrh

bonheur

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Swiss is not partner of axis so er cannot be transferred to swiss.lufthansa too i think is not part of axis partner.what u can do is book ur Europe's tour with Turkish using Er with a pit stop. In istanbul.u won't need Turkish visa as pnr would be same for eg del ist ist zrh
Got it. I thought Star Alliance members would allow using points on other member airline bookings.

Sharjeelshaikh

TF Premier
Got it. I thought Star Alliance members would allow

Got it. I thought Star Alliance members would allow using points on other member airline bookings.
U can transfer ER to Turkish and Turkish miles to Swiss or Lufthansa but as it is u loose conversion 5:4 ER TO Turkish and if u convert Turkish to Swiss or Lufthansa then again u loose in conversion .isse accha hai fly Turkish it flies with max connection worldwide especially Europe .like i said as long as pnr is same on both legs of journey u don't need seperate Turkish visa .but u suggest turkey bhi ghoom lo very nice place.i assume u must be holding Schengen visa with a valid Schengen visa u get evisa of turkey in one hour time

004archit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
U
U can transfer ER to Turkish and Turkish miles to Swiss or Lufthansa but as it is u loose conversion 5:4 ER TO Turkish and if u convert Turkish to Swiss or Lufthansa then again u loose in conversion .isse accha hai fly Turkish it flies with max connection worldwide especially Europe .like i said as long as pnr is same on both legs of journey u don't need seperate Turkish visa .but u suggest turkey bhi ghoom lo very nice place.i assume u must be holding Schengen visa with a valid Schengen visa u get evisa of turkey in one hour time
You can’t book for other like you and your wife is travelling then I guess you can book for your wife.

PSY

TF Select
VIP Lounge
How can we use HDFC smart buy points to book a flight to Amsterdam? I see there are few airlines like Turkish Airlines, Air France which operate in the same route. Which would be the most economical option for me? And approximately how many points would be needed for return trip (economy)?

Sharjeelshaikh

TF Premier
How can we use HDFC smart buy points to book a flight to Amsterdam? I see there are few airlines like Turkish Airlines, Air France which operate in the same route. Which would be the most economical option for me? And approximately how many points would be needed for return trip (economy)?
Klm se karlo direct from Mumbai and Delhi

rdargar

TF Premier
Hey man, I’ll help you understand this a little better.

1) You can check the miles required for Turkish and United just by visiting their websites.
Turkish- Create an account, login, on right hand top you’ll see your name, click on it, then again on right side top you’ll see the menu icon, then miles transaction, scroll down a bit, and then you’ll see an option book now under the Star alliance award ticket tab. Then you can put in the details of your travel and it’ll show you the required miles.
United- Just visit them at united.com and tick the book with miles box, enter your details and it’ll show you the miles required that you need to book via United.

2) Some programs will need you to have miles in the account already before you could check the miles required. I just use two (above mentioned ones) and they don’t need you to transfer the miles before hand. But programs like Club Vistara do need you to have certain cv points before they show you the actual required miles for a ticket.

3) Award seats are the seats that are available to be booked using miles. There are very limited seats per flight to be booked using miles. Couldn’t understand what you meant about the ticket prices.

4) Every program has a different timeline. You’ll have to check before transferring. Max I think would be for hotel chains 7-10 days and avg 2-5 days for FFP’s. If its been longer than 2-5 days then you should definitely drop a mail to Axis and AirAsia.
I Venky , I hope you are doing good. I assume you have done all your bookings , wished to have a conversation with you , lmk if e can connect over telegram/whatsapp

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I Venky , I hope you are doing good. I assume you have done all your bookings , wished to have a conversation with you , lmk if e can connect over telegram/whatsapp
No bookings man. Been more busy than expected. That booking of Europe turned to a long Himalchal trip.
I have kept those miles for now.