• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Enquiry amount in cibil

ltf4ever

TF Ace
what does the 'enquiry amount ' in the cibil report mean?

I can see the various credit cards that i applied for and an enquiry amount made against them. the amount seems random and unrelated to the credit limit finally granted.
the amounts range from 100 to 100000.

1) Does the high amount affect the credit score in any way?
2) how is the amount decided by the bank to make the enquiry?

arjun

TF Select
what does the 'enquiry amount ' in the cibil report mean?

I can see the various credit cards that i applied for and an enquiry amount made against them. the amount seems random and unrelated to the credit limit finally granted.
the amounts range from 100 to 100000.

1) Does the high amount affect the credit score in any way?
2) how is the amount decided by the bank to make the enquiry?
@Subhankar @TechnoFino @jatinkrmalik @ashwink Does anyone know what exactly inquiry amount means and how does it work? Cuz recently I got Aixs privilege with 2L limit and inquiry amount was 10,000 and at the same time SBI inquiry was 100 and I got 162k limit, what does inquiry amount mean?

bing1309

TF Premier
can anyone tell me this, I even am very curious to know this today I am seeing a credit card enquiry amount shown as 1,00,000 for the first time never seen such a higher amount of enquiry added.
I have seen
1. Axis put 10,000INR respective of what value you get, when I got 3L it showed 10,000, when I got 6L it showed the same 10,000 amount for enquiry
2. IDFC put 20,000INR for every 3L is what I have seen
3. AU for 6L they put 100INR for enquiry (rejected)
4. HDFC put 1000INR and never took CC from them.

Yes If we take a proper Auto Loan or other loan with the same loan amount shown for what we requested. they mention. but for a CC they differentiate the amount.

Kindly update what are these values