• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Email from hdfc bank for transaction clarification

qaiser

TF Buzz
Received email from hdfc for excessive use of credit card each month for single transaction.any suggestions for it.

Attaching the screenshot here, as many members were asking me for this.

IMG_20230316_024522.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If i have legitimate transactions then what?

My father has transactions of greater than 1L a month

He maxes out his Magnus and then spends on my Magnus
i am referring to the other persons case here.. in your case as you put it.. you are not rolling Month on month.. so.. your spends are genuine and personal ( which can be proven so if the bank asks you to).. so hopefully no issues for you

anirbanm

TF Select
VIP Lounge
How much was your credit limit? As in do they flag on basis of >70% of Limit usage?
In past when I had only once card I used to max them out regularly
All my transactions were legitimate transactions

But if one cannot justify their transactions when time comes then rest assured be prepared for multiple card cancellations

pankajsammal

TF Buzz
I have known people use >1-2L regularly and no issues pop up, of course their limit is 10-12L, hence asking
I don't think transaction amount is the issue in his case. His case seems to be 1.2L spend every month at the same place which looks like either like a manufactured spend or a business expense which are both not really allowed on a personal credit card.

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator
In past when I had only once card I used to max them out regularly
All my transactions were legitimate transactions

But if one cannot justify their transactions when time comes then rest assured be prepared for multiple card cancellations
I have known people use >1-2L regularly and no issues pop up, of course their limit is 10-12L, hence asking
Kindly club your replies by clicking on reply one after another before submitting.