• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Easiest way to get into ICICI cards?

aries

TF Buzz
I was rejected twice for APay card. First time I didn't have a CIBIL score and it was my first application. The second time I had a 770 score with 7 months history and good ITR but I was rejected immediately after entering details. I'm a Prime member with heavy Amazon usage. Now I want to get a basic ICICI card and hope they offer APay a few months later. I perefer to avoid physical verification because I don't live there but it's not a deal-breaker. I'm a freelancer so office verification is an issue as well. I was thinking of applying for Platinum Chip card. What should be my approach?

1. Visit nearby branch (I don't have ICICI account) and apply C2C with 1lakh SimplyClick
2. Apply online from ICICI website

Which process would have the least likelihood for physical verification and the most likelihood of approval?

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
I was rejected twice for APay card. First time I didn't have a CIBIL score and it was my first application. The second time I had a 770 score with 7 months history and good ITR but I was rejected immediately after entering details. I'm a Prime member with heavy Amazon usage. Now I want to get a basic ICICI card and hope they offer APay a few months later. I perefer to avoid physical verification because I don't live there but it's not a deal-breaker. I'm a freelancer so office verification is an issue as well. I was thinking of applying for Platinum Chip card. What should be my approach?

1. Visit nearby branch (I don't have ICICI account) and apply C2C with 1lakh SimplyClick

Which process would have the least likelihood for physical verification and the most likelihood of approval?
Icici Amazonpay cc required 1 year active credit history

sparkit

TF Premier
Contributor
Me and and few others in this forum is in same position like you to get ICICI card.

I already went to branch yesterday and they told me they stopped accepting C2C applications.

So by discussing with @DocFixIt , I got to know that only FD based CC seems best option for now!

Also you need minimum 1 year credit history to apply ICICI apay card.

As of now, go for FD based card and in 2-3 months you will get an option in Amazon to apply for the apay card using previous card.!

devine_mortal

TF Premier
I am holding Rubyx LTF and today, while randomly browsing iMobile app noticed that upgrade to Sapphire was free with Nil joining and annual fee. Applied immediately and the card would be delivered in 7 days. Strange that I got no notification for this offer what-so-ever.

Banks work in mysterious ways.

Fini7777

TF Premier

Wait for 6 more months and apply again you'll get it no need to open any ICICI Account or FD

Patience is the key here..

I got Apay card in my 1st attempt
I don't have ICICI Account
I don't have prime membership- did not order anything from amazon yet (secondary amazon account)
Have >2 yrs credit history

Applied through amazon app and the card was approved - No verification, No income docs asked

I think it's due to March effect - Not sure

aries

TF Buzz
Wait for 6 more months and apply again you'll get it no need to open any ICICI Account or FD

Patience is the key here..

I got Apay card in my 1st attempt
I don't have ICICI Account
I don't have prime membership- did not order anything from amazon yet (secondary amazon account)
Have >2 yrs credit history

Applied through amazon app and the card was approved - No verification, No income docs asked

I think it's due to March effect - Not sure
It's been 6 months since last Apay rejection. But I also applied (and got rejected) for Platinum Chip from ICICI website 2 months back. Do you think I should wait for 6 months for the most recent rejection or apply now since Apay is available again?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
It's been 6 months since last Apay rejection. But I also applied (and got rejected) for Platinum Chip from ICICI website 2 months back. Do you think I should wait for 6 months for the most recent rejection or apply now since Apay is available again?
If they rejected apay 6 month ago.
Why u applied plat chip in 4th month after rejection

Icici waiting time is 6 month for all cards

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If they rejected apay 6 month ago.
Why u applied plat chip in 4th month after rejection

Icici waiting time is 6 month for all cards
If you are still waiting for ICICI cards. Why don't you try adding yourself to a family banking with any friends of yours and get the card from the branch?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

If secured CC is an option , just create a FD and apply for CC on FD online..
Both FD and CC on FD can be done online quite easily..

CCPS

TF Buzz

Why do u need ICICI Amazon Pay card? If use case is to get 5% CB on Amazon, you can try for SBI Cashback Card, wider CB applicability.

Reactions: SSV