• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Doubts on Reward rates for Magnus/Infinia when converting to Airmiles

chaitanya

TF Buzz
Hi All,

Until now, I assumed that since we are getting 4 airmiles for every 5 edge points, the reward rate of Magnus credit card is 4.8%, which is also mentioned in the below link of the technofino community.

https://www.technofino.in/community...-reserve-credit-card-reward-rate-update.2393/

But in reality, each mile is not equal to 1 rupee, instead, it is around 0.2* rupees for each Mile which means technically the reward rate on the Magnus credit card is only 1%. I think it's the same with Infinia Credit Card also.

So, can someone confirm if my understanding is correct? if the reward rate of this card is only 1% and not 4.8 (or 3.3 for Infinia) how are these cards better card than other cashback cards which will give a 5% cashback on the transaction (ignoring the accelerated reward rates through various ports and also ignoring 25K reward rates on Magnus card )

*Note:- conversion of AirMiles to INR is a rough calculation and not accurate based on the Airlines site

Regards,
Chaitanya Pinnamaneni.

Attachments

• 1679853250913.png
    1679853250913.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 37

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Airmiles redemptions is an art . Generally the greatest artists on this line manage somewhere between 1 to even 4 to 5 Rs conversion per mile.
But that would require high experience and knowledge plus timing and May be you need to plan the travel months ahead to actually get those award seats.

For simplicity , and decent reward redemption rate you can convert them against Club ITC and mange decent rates while redeeming them , or even while paying through green points.

manzb

TF Premier
Airmiles of Etihad and Emirates are of very low value. Krisflyer is about 50ps. Same with Vistara international.

But Qatar, United and Turkish gives good value of 100ps + in economy. In business it can go as high as 300-400ps.

Vistara domestic easily gives 80ps to 100Ps.

ITC green is a good option. But other hotel programs are mostly around 50ps domestically or even most regular international locations and hotels. Very few exotic location and hotel combination gives a good 100Ps plus return.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
What about AirFrance? How do we figure out if we are getting good value for miles? Airmile noob here.
First check the revenue fare of same sector, date and class and then , look for miles required to get award seats.
Compare the value , that you give exact value of your miles

Suppose revenue fare is 50’k and award seat available at 25k miles
So here 1 mile = 2 Rs (minus the tax)

Air mile redemptions work great for complex itineraries with stopovers at different countries en route.

Also, don't forget, that award tickets most times are free (or very cheap) to cancel upto last minute/days. So even if you are able to get air mile redemptions at Re1, its still a big win.

manzb

TF Premier
Can someone let me know how to find the Accor ALL membership no? It starts with No-14digits-ends with EC
So do I need to quote EC as well in Axis linkage