• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does HSBC send rejection email if our credit card application is rejected?

anonymuos

TF Ace
They called me when they declined saying that as per their policy, only salaried can get HSBC cards, or self-employed with savings account in their bank maintaining upwards of 1.5L. But they did inform. I told them this is bakwas policy since no other bank has so much attitude about giving cards to self-employed. :D

Last edited:

RadTheCrab

TF Buzz
They took 10 mins of time only to say rejected but dont know the actual reason. They are asking me to wait for 1 or 2 weeks more.
Mine was declined at first too. And similar to your case, customer care couldn't tell the reason. At that moment I had lost all interest in getting a card from HSBC and decided to never apply for one from them again.

But later that day, I received a call from their Credit Card Applications team. They said they needed additional information to proceed and also asked me to resubmit my latest payslip.

After that I received no communication for the next 5 days. During that time, I had called the customer care a couple more times to know the application status and each time they said it was still declined, even though I had resubmitted the details.

After 5 days, I received the following SMS - "Dear Customer, you will receive a message within 2 days on how to generate your HSBC Card Pin via SMS". This is how I came to know that my application has finally been approved. It took about 9 days from application submission to receiving this SMS.

In conclusion, HSBC operates a little differently (even weirdly at times). They don't let you track the application directly. In most cases, you won't even be notified if your application is declined. And even if your application is approved, instead of getting approval SMS, you receive the above SMS (for me, approval SMS came about 24 hrs after I had received the above SMS).

I suggest you to wait for a few more days. You may receive a call from the Applications team.

b4bhar

TF Select
Mine was declined at first too. And similar to your case, customer care couldn't tell the reason. At that moment I had lost all interest in getting a card from HSBC and decided to never apply for one from them again.

But later that day, I received a call from their Credit Card Applications team. They said they needed additional information to proceed and also asked me to resubmit my latest payslip.

After that I received no communication for the next 5 days. During that time, I had called the customer care a couple more times to know the application status and each time they said it was still declined, even though I had resubmitted the details.

After 5 days, I received the following SMS - "Dear Customer, you will receive a message within 2 days on how to generate your HSBC Card Pin via SMS". This is how I came to know that my application has finally been approved. It took about 9 days from application submission to receiving this SMS.

In conclusion, HSBC operates a little differently (even weirdly at times). They don't let you track the application directly. In most cases, you won't even be notified if your application is declined. And even if your application is approved, instead of getting approval SMS, you receive the above SMS (for me, approval SMS came about 24 hrs after I had received the above SMS).

I suggest you to wait for a few more days. You may receive a call from the Applications team.
Exactly. Even i received a call from credit card application team asking me send an email confirming my company name as it is slightly different in the application form and the payslip. I did the same on 4th of May. Yesterday, i tried checking the application using customer care and they say it's declined.
Maybe i need to wait for few more days before i move on from this.

But yeah, they should have included the tracking directly in their website. It's a shame that such a big bank like HSBC doesn't even provide timely updates or rather an update at least if its rejected or approved would help. But it is what it is. These weird polices are kind of annoying

b4bhar

TF Select

Is the 9days timeline from the application resubmission to receiving pin generation SMS?

b4bhar

TF Select
Nope. It took them 9 days to process my application from start to finish. It may vary from person to person though.
I just got the sms which states i will receive message on how to generate the pin details. So, can i start using the card in 2 days once i generate the pin or should i wait under the physical card is delivered? When did u start using it?

Last edited:

pprakash11

TF Prestige
I just got the sms which states i will receive message on how to generate the pin details. So, can i start using the card in days once i generate the pin or should i wait under the physical card is delivered? When did u start using it?
Lucky you man!!
HSBC approving declined application 👌

I already hold Visa Platinum, tried getting Cashback, but for unknown reasons they declined !!
No source of information nowhere. I raised a complaint on April 27th, and no reply since then !!

b4bhar

TF Select
Lucky you man!!
HSBC approving declined application 👌

I already hold Visa Platinum, tried getting Cashback, but for unknown reasons they declined !!
No source of information nowhere. I raised a complaint on April 27th, and no reply since then !!
I got a call from cards team that my company's name is different in the application compared to my payslip. For that reason they declined my application. The lady asked me to drop me an email to comsider the name as in my payslip.
So, you might also get a call from the cards team. Just dont decline any calls thinking as a spam.
Hsbc has many weird policies for rejection which can be easily resolved

RadTheCrab

TF Buzz
I just got the sms which states i will receive message on how to generate the pin details. So, can i start using the card in 2 days once i generate the pin or should i wait under the physical card is delivered? When did u start using it?
You need the physical card for performing transactions. So, you cannot use it until it is delivered, however, you can login to their Mobile banking app and should be able to see your card (just the name of the card not its details), modify its limits and even set/reset the pin.

b4bhar

TF Select
You need the physical card for performing transactions. So, you cannot use it until it is delivered, however, you can login to their Mobile banking app and should be able to see your card (just the name of the card not its details), modify its limits and even set/reset the pin.
Why do we need physical card for performing online transactions?

b4bhar

TF Select
I got the card. Is the credit card pin for hsbc cards 6 digits?