• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does having Jupiter/Fi account help in getting federal bank credit cards?

Paras Jain

TF Premier
Hi, I want to know if people opening a Jupiter/Fi account can get Federal bank credit cards? Because I once called federal bank about it and they told me I need to have a bank account with them. Since Jupiter and Fi accounts are actually with Federal bank do they count?

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Hi, I want to know if people opening a Jupiter/Fi account can get Federal bank credit cards? Because I once called federal bank about it and they told me I need to have a bank account with them. Since Jupiter and Fi accounts are actually with Federal bank do they count?
I haven't heard anyone offered federal cards due to fi/jupiter account... So its mostly only getting data of customers... Federal is currently sleeping in credit card department...

anonymuos

TF Ace
Yup Federal Bank doesn't seem ambitious about CCs. I have both Jupiter and Fi like Batmanbaba but never got any offer. Have regularly done transactions from both although after Fi started freezing huge number of accounts, I lost trust and stopped keeping ANY balance there, not even small amounts.

Update: "No offers for you" in April 2023 after Federal Bank made their CCs LTF. Being self-employed is a hurdle in getting CCs, no question about it even if you show bank statements and ITR. Hopefully I will get the Fi CC which they plan to launch in mid-2023.

Last edited:

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Yup Federal Bank doesn't seem ambitious about CCs. I have both Jupiter and Fi like Batmanbaba but never got any offer. Have regularly done transactions from both although after Fi started freezing huge number of accounts, I lost trust and stopped keeping ANY balance there, not even small amounts.
So you suggest not to take Jupiter or fi free accounts?

db24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

My wife got federal card without income proof without kyc, she is holding fi account.

I also have fi account but for me card application is showing error "no offer for you"

Strange but its true that federal is weird for giving cards.
If you are really looking for federal card you first should be already a federal customer that is must criteria its is applicable for addon card application as well, add on card they only give if add on card is also holding saving account with them.

I would suggest open only FI account and use it for at least three months and then apply for cc.

ichiprof

TF Buzz
I think this account freezing by Fi is for non-salary customers and right now they only support the salaried people exclusively.
Out of the same fear, I withdrew all the funds from FI account and opened Jupiter as it provides account for regular people too apart from salaried persons.

db24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think this account freezing by Fi is for non-salary customers and right now they only support the salaried people exclusively.
Out of the same fear, I withdrew all the funds from FI account and opened Jupiter as it provides account for regular people too apart from salaried persons.
It's not true,

I have both fi and Jupiter, fi working smooth without any issue without depositing any salary

FinoGuy

TF Ace
Fe
Nope take them sure, they are excellent, LTF card, 0-balance, regular offers (although the Flipkart 10% off with Supercoins is gone from both :( ) but I wouldn't keep balance in Fi. Once a reputation is tarnished it takes years to rebuild. Jupiter is more trustworthy now IMHO.
Jupiter card issuance 199+gst now (235rs)

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
No
Jupiter and FII has nothing to do with federal , it’s just that federal is their banking partner it would never help in getting any federal service / credit card

anonymuos

TF Ace
All Federal Bank credit cards have fees anyway. They seem to have no lifetime free CCs or DCs.

Update: "No offers for you" in April 2023 after Federal Bank made their CCs LTF. Being self-employed is a hurdle in getting CCs, no question about it even if you show bank statements and ITR.

Last edited:
They were freezing accounts. but they also gave option to withdraw all the funds.