• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Do we get Tata Neu coins for gold purchase via Tata Cliq?

kunaljn91

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can anybody confirm that will I be getting Tata Neu coins for buying gold coins through Tata Cliq via Tata neu app?

akshayhs

TF Ace
I wouldn't hope for it. I tried searching for this in their t&c but couldn't really do so using common search terms. Couldn't find it anywhere.

rjsudeep

TF Premier
Can anybody confirm that will I be getting Tata Neu coins for buying gold coins through Tata Cliq via Tata neu app?
Can't confirm, but I feel it should work till they plug it. Like Akshay mentioned, no specific TnCs. So maybe try for a small amount and hope for the best!

You take a 15% loss on physical gold if you want to sell immediately.

If you plan to hold you are taking a 25%(15+10) loss and 2.5% every year. Cause if you buy SGBs trade at 10% discount and 2.5% fixed income on the issuing price.

Last edited:

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How do you buy SGB at 10% discount?
You take a 15% loss on physical gold if you want to sell immediately.

If you plan to hold you are taking a 25%(15+10) loss and 2.5% every year. Cause if you buy SGB issue online you get 10% discount and 2.5% fixed income on your initial investment every year.

Where is secondary market? How to buy it?
Secondary market means the bond markets where bonds are traded like stocks. I think you can do it on any stock broker app or website. Not sure though. Never bought a stock or bond directly. Don't have a demat account. Will get one when it's time for me to get SGB. For now I need MFs

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Via secondary market you have to pay tax on it. Direct purchase when SGB issue opens and holding till maturity makes it completely taxfree
Does the calculation still work out in one's favour since apparently there will be a 10% discount?

SangEUD

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have tried this already 2 months back.

I didn't get any Neu coin despite purchasing on TataCliq via Tata Neu app.

SangEUD

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Does the calculation still work out in one's favour since apparently there will be a 10% discount?
Only if you hold till maturity I suppose.
And the series which is available for 10% discount in secondary market will be atleast 4-5 years away from maturity.

Dhruvkumar

TF Buzz
I have tried this already 2 months back.

I didn't get any Neu coin despite purchasing on TataCliq via Tata Neu app.
You can raise issue since as of now Tata neu app shows on product page that you'll get NEU coins. I know it's going to plugged sooner rather than later but what's harm in asking.

NikAsr1503

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Only if you hold till maturity I suppose.
And the series which is available for 10% discount in secondary market will be atleast 4-5 years away from maturity.
Firstly,
Sgb trades lower coz their issue price is lower and interest is paid on issue price. Interest is taxable CG is taxfree if held till maturity.
Similar concept like to bond market interest rate risk.

Sonetimes we do get it at grabbing prices but its rare.

Sgb can be bought on zerodha, its tax free if held till maturity irrespective you buy from primary or secondary market.
Second, there are schemes like GMS by govt of india where u can melt the gold you bought and rbi will give you a bond certificate and ull get 2.5 percent taxfree interest and no CG if held till maturity.
U need to approach designated bank branches and then Mmtc will melt your gold, and it will be deposited with rbi.

Hope this helps!

Dhruvkumar

TF Buzz
Firstly,
Sgb trades lower coz their issue price is lower and interest is paid on issue price. Interest is taxable CG is taxfree if held till maturity.
Similar concept like to bond market interest rate risk.

Sonetimes we do get it at grabbing prices but its rare.

Sgb can be bought on zerodha, its tax free if held till maturity irrespective you buy from primary or secondary market.
Second, there are schemes like GMS by govt of india where u can melt the gold you bought and rbi will give you a bond certificate and ull get 2.5 percent taxfree interest and no CG if held till maturity.
U need to approach designated bank branches and then Mmtc will melt your gold, and it will be deposited with rbi.

Hope this helps!
Saying SGB trades lower is not true. I don't see any SGB which trading significantly lower than gold price now however in past I have seen some.

Also you'll get more intrest than 2.5% if you buy SGB which was issued when gold price was higher than current market price.

You can also find trusted goldsmith who'll pay you more interest for your gold but there won't be any contract.