• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Difficulties in getting RuPay debit card

asahi

TF Premier
I went to branch to get a rupay card(coz customer care didn’t help) I have mine account with them, after this & that. They said close the account you’re having now & open new one, i said sorry what, I’ve a fd & 2 cc’s with you. i said please upgrade account variant ans: not possible. Told that, even after getting a new account there’s no guarantee that we will give you a rupay card. ICICI is fixated on Visa Cards for some reason. I said thank you mam, I’ll think over it coz i linked this account to various things & left the branch. Why it’s getting this much difficult to get a rupay card. Biggest Joke Happened with Kotak Bank, they went one step further & said we only issue rupay cards to Nri customers

Attachments

• IMG_4417.jpeg
    IMG_4417.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 88

asahi

TF Premier
[UPDATE], after considering every possibility with employees & having a word with Manager & manager speaking with their customer care, they’re just issuing Rupay Card keeping my Mine account intact! How crazy is that. Just Today I signed the new card issuance application, within 7 days i will get my Rupay Card

Last edited:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
[UPDATE], after considering every possibility with employees & having a word with Manager & manager speaking with their customer care, they’re just issuing Rupay Card keeping my Mine account intact! How crazy is that. Just Today I signed the new card issuance application, within 7 days i will get my Rupay Card
share the full process.

which bank ? ICICI mine account ?

asahi

TF Premier
[UPDATE], after considering every possibility, they’re just issuing Rupay Card keeping my Mine account intact! How crazy is that. Just Today I signed the new card issuance application, within 7 days i get my Rupay Card

share the full process.

which bank ? ICICI mine account ?
see original post & few of my replies to know what happened from the beginning. One week back, When I asked them to convert my ICICI MINE ACCOUNT to any Fd based savings Account(because they said they can’t give rupay card on mine account) to avoid MAB charges & get rupay card. Bank Manager gave her number & said i’ll let you know what can be done after consulting our products team**. So I waited for her call but never got any. So today i visited the branch for another reason. So as i was there, i asked her what’s the status. She called employee support, explained everything to them. & gave a form to sign, I was surprised & what’s this form for, she said you asked for rupay card & we are giving you one. That’s it. She said you’ll get card in 7 days. That’s the whole process. Before signing I read the form it’s debit card form only.

Last edited:
see original post & few of my replies to know what happened from the beginning. One week back, When I asked them to convert my ICICI MINE ACCOUNT to any Fd based savings Account(because they said they can’t give rupay card on mine account) to avoid MAB charges & get rupay card. Bank Manager gave her number & said i’ll let you know what can be done after consulting our products team**. So I waited for her call but never got any. So today i visited the branch for another reason. So as i was there, i asked her what’s the status. She called employee support, explained everything to them. & gave a form to sign, I was surprised & what’s this form for, she said you asked for rupay card & we are giving you one. That’s it. She said you’ll get card in 7 days. That’s the whole process. Before signing I read the form it’s debit card form only.

RBI's rule from October to issue card as per customer preference. Banks cannot deny your request.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Ok, So you got RuPay Platinum DC on ICICI MINE ACCOUNT ?

Now last ques, you got same ICICI RuPay Platinum DC BIN number start with 652180

or any other special Mine RuPay debit card ?

Same physical card design ? because Mine debit card have special design and written "Mine" on physical debit card.

F22pRHXa8AAN3XP.jpg

asahi

TF Premier
Ok, So you got RuPay Platinum DC on ICICI MINE ACCOUNT ?

Now last ques, you got same ICICI RuPay Platinum DC BIN number start with 652180

or any other special Mine RuPay debit card ?

Same physical card design ? because Mine debit card have special design and written "Mine" on physical debit card.

F22pRHXa8AAN3XP.jpg
Today only i signed the new card issuance form, at least it takes 5 days for card delivery. At least one day for the virtual card to show up. Once i got the new virtual card i’ll let you know. My visa DC does have mine logo/text on it. let’s see whether mine logo will be there or not on new physical card

D₹V

TF Prestige
Wow 😳.

Got card?

asahi

TF Premier
Any update ?
Got the card virtual one, but still my mine card is also active, by Wednesday physical card may be delivered. & Yes they rejected the service request(SR) for rupay card from branch side also, so on 21st nov i asked my branch to change my acc to general, on 22nd nov i called customer care & asked for rupay card, 23rd morning when I opened the imobile app i can see 2 cards one rupay & another my mine card.

Sorry for the wrong information, but it’s not my fault. When bank manger called their support team, “ they said no problem, apply from bank side we’ll clear it”, but apparently they rejected the SR, when manager called their support team to know the reason for rejection(she even said: “ you’re the guys who made us to start the process, so how can you reject the application”),support team started uttering lame excuses, no matter what, mine account gets Mine dc only.

Again I’m sorry, but it’s not my Fault

Last edited:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Got the card virtual one, but still my mine card is also active, by Wednesday physical card may be delivered. Yes they rejected the service request(SR) for rupay card from branch side, so on 21st nov i asked branch to change my acc to general on 22nd nov i call customer care & asked for rupay card, 23rd morning when I opened the imobile app i can see 2 cards one rupay & another my mine card.

Sorry for the wrong information, but it’s not my fault. When bank manger called their support team, “ they said no problem, apply from bank side we’ll clear it”, but apparently they rejected the SR, when manager called their support to know the reason for rejection(even though you’re the guys made us to do the application), they started uttering lame excuses, no matter what only mine DC for Mine account.

Again I’m sorry, but it’s not my mistake
What's the MAB require for your ICICI general saving account ?