• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Didn’t receive 5X Reward Points on Tanishq Voucher Purchase

bewwyy

TF Buzz
I recently bought around 1L worth of Tanishq vouchers on Smartbuy using my Infinia CC but in my statement it doesn’t show any accelerated reward points for the purchase. Any tips on what to do?

bewwyy

TF Buzz
did you check the bottom of your statement
there is a monthly capping of 15000 points
Yes, I haven’t crossed that. I only earned 3k according to statement. Customer Care said 5X RP is not eligible as I also used reward points for the purchase but on internet it says the remaining amount (paid by cc) accrues 5X RP. What would you suggest I do?

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes, I haven’t crossed that. I only earned 3k according to statement. Customer Care said 5X RP is not eligible as I also used reward points for the purchase but on internet it says the remaining amount (paid by cc) accrues 5X RP. What would you suggest I do?
Are you sure it's applicable for Tanishq as well ?

accelerated rp for remaining price is there for Apple products (10x RP) as same is mentioned on smartbuy...

if they start giving 5X RP on Tanishq vouchers as well, then it would be a loot 😅

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I recently bought around 1L worth of Tanishq vouchers on Smartbuy using my Infinia CC but in my statement it doesn’t show any accelerated reward points for the purchase. Any tips on what to do?
Any update on this? i bought tanishq vouchers using infinia on 8th oct. Got 1x points only till date.

accelerated rp for remaining price is there for Apple products (10x RP) as same is mentioned on smartbuy...

if they start giving 5X RP on Tanishq vouchers as well, then it would be a loot 😅
Exactly, when did HDFC give 5x offer for Tanishq? That is 16.5% off on jewellery, that is a loot even if Tanishq products are sold at a premium. If that were ever possible, I can redeem just 100 points and pay the rest using my CC to get 16.5% rewards for it.

bewwyy

TF Buzz

When I searched on internet it said 5X RP is eligible for Infinia CC point redemption for the portion paid by CC after the HDFC 70:30 point redemption rule. One of the main reasons for me to get this card 😅. Its supposed to be part of the 1:1 RP value for Infinia and nothing on smartbuy saying only 1XRP can be earned. Shouldn't it be same as Apple products?

bewwyy

TF Buzz
Exactly, when did HDFC give 5x offer for Tanishq? That is 16.5% off on jewellery, that is a loot even if Tanishq products are sold at a premium. If that were ever possible, I can redeem just 100 points and pay the rest using my CC to get 16.5% rewards for it.

HDFC saying they don't give accelerated RP on transactions where reward points is also used but then they shouldn't give for Apple either right? I'm awaiting response from infinia smartbuy customer service right now.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
HDFC saying they don't give accelerated RP on transactions where reward points is also used
Maybe this is for all other transactions... as for apple, they specifically state that you will get 10x on offer page (not sure if this has gotten changed as well, saying from what I remember)

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
HDFC saying they don't give accelerated RP on transactions where reward points is also used but then they shouldn't give for Apple either right? I'm awaiting response from infinia smartbuy customer service right now.
Maybe this is for all other transactions... as for apple, they specifically state that you will get 10x on offer page (not sure if this has gotten changed as well, saying from what I remember)
I believe, they do give accelerated rewards for hotel bookings even if we use reward points for partial redemption. Tanishq is a special case, as the underlying gold has inherent value. Even if they inflate prices in Tanishq, giving 16.5% would end up giving gold at a discounted rate. Apple is a highly price inflated product, I wouldn't be surprised if they had 30-40% margins on their products.

I received 5X in October. Check properly at the bottom of the statement with name such as "SmartBuy_Oct23_Bonus_5X_RP 0000".

vijay15

TF Buzz
RML Group
It's the sum For all the 5X category items in the statement. You have to manually calculate the sum and see if that matches the entry.
I know. I want to understand if you got 5x for Tanishq voucher purchases also as many were saying that they did not receive recently