• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Acceptance issues on both online/offline spends

vijay

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi All, I am going to get DCB FYF upgrade. I have heard some card acceptance issues for DCB on both online/offline spends. Can anyone with the experience of using this card highlight what the issues are? I have also heard that DCB has tied up with Rupay so acceptance issues should be less. Is it true? Do POS machines in normal or branded stores accept this card? Is there any way or tip to mitigate acceptance issues?

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
My experience with the DCB has been decent (in Pune and Mumbai). Online acceptance is good - barring a few sites.

Tap-to-pay has never worked on any machine, even with contact-less payments enabled - if you are okay with entering your pin it should work on machines that accept Rupay (I believe Diners has a tie-up with Rupay)

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Tap-to-pay has never worked on any machine, even with contact-less payments enabled - if you are okay with entering your pin it should work on machines that accept Rupay (I believe Diners has a tie-up with Rupay)
I have the same experience with my DCB. I thought it is an issue with my card even though contactless is enabled. By any chance did you checked this with Bank or Customer care?

sd.ac

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have the same experience with my DCB. I thought it is an issue with my card even though contactless is enabled. By any chance did you checked this with Bank or Customer care?

No but I read somewhere that only HDFC machines will read a contact-less DCB correctly. Further, that the PIN will be mandatory on any machine from another banks (like Axis for example). This is annoying since tap-and-pay can be super convenient (for small transactions).

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
@sd.ac

Diners club card also accept on RuPay Contactless POS machine.

RuPay International Affiliates cards charge 3% MDR, most small and mid segment merchants disabled RuPay International Affiliates cards.

Merchants and acquirer bank must fill this form to accept RuPay International Affiliates cards, if any merchant or acquirer bank dnt fill this form then RuPay International Affiliates cards will not accept but RuPay card will accept.

rr.jpg

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My experience with the DCB has been decent (in Pune and Mumbai). Online acceptance is good - barring a few sites.

Even Tap to pay is not working for me. Strange thing was that my transaction always decline after entering the pin in tap to pay method.. Happened 4 times till now.
So I ask the person to enter the card and use it in traditional way instead of this Contactless thing.
Also I tried changing my card usage/control settings few times and thought it might work. 😅
Then ultimately I was just sad that I got a defaulted card and had to get it replaced as contactless payment is not working.
Atleast now I have some people to share pain with. 😅

vipulcrd

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
We note from your mail that you are facing difficulties in using Diners Black credit card, we request you to share the transaction details as given below to enable us to investigate and assist you accordingly.

1. Transaction Date
2. Merchant Name
3. Online / POS transaction
4. Error / Decline message
5. Amount of transaction

Further we wish to inform you that,
Over 1 Million Terminals in India accept Diners Credit Cards
Over 24 Million Terminals globally accept Diners Credit Cards
21 Banks accept Diners Credit Cards in India - refer list below
List of Banks:

1.AXIS BANK LTD
2.BANK OF BARODA
3.BANK OF INDIA
4.CANARA BANK
5. CITI BANK
6.CITY UNION BANK
7.CORPORATION BANK
8.FEDERAL BANK LTD
9.HDFC BANK LTD
10.ICICI BANK LTD
11.IDBI LTD
12.JAMMU AND KASHMIR BANK
13.KARNATAKA BANK LTD
14.KARUR VYSYA BANK LTD
15.ORIENTAL BANK OF COMMERCE
16.PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK
17.SOUTH INDIAN BANK
18.TAMILNAD MERCANTILE BANK LTD
19.THE LAXMI VILAS BANK LTD
20.UNION BANK OF INDIA
21.YES BANK LTD
I got this reply from hdfc when I complained to them regarding non-acceptance at some online sites.

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yeah, i also reached out to them but they just reply that acceptance is based upon tie up between gateway and merchant and they can just take feedback . In short,
it doesnt seem to have any impact.
I have also faced issues in following:
Agoda, Mariott hotels app, google and few other merchants using razorpay including mygate, drife etc.

Last edited:

vijay

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Thanks, everyone for sharing their experiences. I also had a similar experience in my initial usage of this card. The problem is primarily online sites that don't support Diners compared to offline use. Also, tap and pay doesn't work even after enabling the feature. I faced acceptance issues on the following sites: Apollo 24x7 and Sid's Farm app. I will try to add more points as I use this card to help any future travellers.

Meanwhile, if others can share acceptance issues for international transactions both online and offline and share some light on lounge access as well for both international and domestic lounges.

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You can recharge payzapp wallet and use the prepaid card that comes with it for such cases, it is on the visa network, so acceptability should be better but being a virtual card, there might be some limitations. Also, there are some people here who have received points for PayZapp wallet load and have not had them reversed during statement generation.
if you're an HDFC customer, then linking your account does full KYC so no need for documents in that case.

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I was facing problem on my purchase on steam through novaplay as they only allow visa and mastercard. So I chose ola postpaid option there and inside ola postpaid, I got option to pay from poastpaid balance or netbanking/cc/dc etc and there my DCB was accepted 😅
So if your dcb is not accepted, look for other options this way.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I was facing problem on my purchase on steam through novaplay as they only allow visa and mastercard. So I chose ola postpaid option there and inside ola postpaid, I got option to pay from poastpaid balance or netbanking/cc/dc etc and there my DCB was accepted 😅
So if your dcb is not accepted, look for other options this way.
Steam also support RuPay card through novaplay.

3 options available on Steam through Novaplay - Visa, Master and RuPay.

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For me, it was accepted in around 90% of the places in Bangalore. Most places had somewhat new POS machines like the touchscreen one from pinelabs and paytm, or some other new one that had an HDFC branding on it. Worked on some of the older POS machines too, but some others like the very old slim one from verifone was where it didn't accept. In my tier 2/3 hometown, many of the pos machines were these verifone ones and so acceptance was lower, like 60-70%. But generally speaking, it should be accepted anywhere RuPay is accepted. The contactless worked only on the new machine that had the HDFC branding. Failed everywhere else.

Online acceptance is also around the 90%. For govt sites and the ones that use the SBI or Canara or Federal bank for payments, Diners Club isn't accepted. Works fine with razorpay, billdesk, paytm etc and most of my online payments had these as the payment gateway.

Cryptopsycho

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
For me, it was accepted in around 90% of the places in Bangalore. Most places had somewhat new POS machines like the touchscreen one from pinelabs and paytm, or some other new one that had an HDFC branding on it. Worked on some of the older POS machines too, but some others like the very old slim one from verifone was where it didn't accept. In my tier 2/3 hometown, many of the pos machines were these verifone ones and so acceptance was lower, like 60-70%. But generally speaking, it should be accepted anywhere RuPay is accepted. The contactless worked only on the new machine that had the HDFC branding. Failed everywhere else.

Online acceptance is also around the 90%. For govt sites and the ones that use the SBI or Canara or Federal bank for payments, Diners Club isn't accepted. Works fine with razorpay, billdesk, paytm etc and most of my online payments had these as the payment gateway.
many sites even Paytm and Razor pay gateways are not accepting DCB... I have faced this issue!!

vijay

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
How can I set the PIN for DCB addon card? Since the addon card number is the same as the primary card number, I am not sure if I can set it from net banking.