• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Dark Theme mode for TechnoFino Community

Should there be dark mode on TechnoFino community?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Credit Karma

TF Premier
Since most of us are avid readers of this community and do readings in the night after work.

I think it would be a good idea to have the option of switching on the dark mode.

Wouldn't you agree?

Kanna

TF Buzz
Since most of us are avid readers of this community and do readings in the night after work.

I think it would be a good idea to have the option of switching on the dark mode.

Wouldn't you agree?
isn't dark mode option not available to you, what device do you use?

Attachments

• image_picker2688957015227988626.jpg
    image_picker2688957015227988626.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 35

Kanna

TF Buzz
How to switch to dark mode on PC browser?
never explored this option in web version, however you can always force sites in chrome by changing force dark mode via chrome://flags [These settings are experimental features] to enable dark mode for the sites that doesn't even support dark mode, hope this helps

pratikjain4

TF Premier
IIRC, there was an option in TF Community settings somewhere to enable dark mode ? ( not sure if still there )
Anyways, I use a browser extension called Dark Reader which enables dark mode on any site ( can toggle on/off for sites )

Extension link:

This is how this page looks :

1678767470355.png

Kanna

TF Buzz
I don't see this settings in my app, guess this is creditpedia app? I installed web version of chrome app
web version of chrome app are called progressive web apps, they always behave as a site itself, in order to view the site in dark mode, you can change it by enabling force dark mode via chrome flags or witj a 3rd party extension mentioned in above messages(refer previous messages)

Screenshot mentioned earlier is from TechnoFino Community android app

Kanna

TF Buzz
Can someone write about how to force dark theme on mobile as well as on website using flags?
Below steps can be applied for both mobile and desktop site.

Note: this setting is an experimental feature and it tries to render all websites in dark mode

Attachments

• image_picker9069661877813422240.jpg
    image_picker9069661877813422240.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 15
  • image_picker3145411290061326751.jpg
    image_picker3145411290061326751.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 16
  • image_picker9170304278582603256.jpg
    image_picker9170304278582603256.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 16

phani11

TF Premier
How safe are those extensions? Given that I do most of my banking online, I don't want to be another victim to the data breach!
Please don't install even antivirus extensions if using that browser for financial purposes.

Keep 3/4 browsers

1 chrome normal ( for financial/banking only, have your Gmail logged in, not a single extension)
2 chrome beta ( install multiple extensions, use it for browsing, entertainment, forums etc)
3 Firefox/Brave Browser ( alternative to Chrome beta if you don't want to have chrome for privacy concerns)
4 firefox beta ( for p*rn / adult stuff only, nd install ad blockers ) 😂

Credit Karma

TF Premier
Please don't install even antivirus extensions if using that browser for financial purposes.

Keep 3/4 browsers

1 chrome normal ( for financial/banking only, have your Gmail logged in, not a single extension)
2 chrome beta ( install multiple extensions, use it for browsing, entertainment, forums etc)
3 Firefox/Brave Browser ( alternative to Chrome beta if you don't want to have chrome for privacy concerns)
4 firefox beta ( for p*rn / adult stuff only, nd install ad blockers ) 😂
Currently I'm hooked on Edge. And use private tabs with VPN for anything "shady 😉"

Thinking of trying out brave on mobile but I haven't got the time to check it out!

phani11

TF Premier
Currently I'm hooked on Edge. And use private tabs with VPN for anything "shady 😉"

Thinking of trying out brave on mobile but I haven't got the time to check it out!
Don't want to start another set of discussion on browsers 😂
Use anyone you think, but having 3/4 browsers will make you safe, trackers/companies won't be able to make our true digital footprint. And financial safety will be there.
Edge also has normal, beta version and developer edition , you could install all 3 and diversify your surfing.
Alternatively, create guest account in your PC and use it for non-banking/non-financial purposes.