• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Crypto investments in India?

theglobalinvestor

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What is the current crypto landscape in India? Is it legal or illegal now?

Do you have any crypto investments? If so how?

Looks like crypto is becoming mainstream abroad with many big names like Blackrock etc planning to issue crypto ETFs.

Is india going to get left behind a crypto revolution? Or are we dodging a big bullet?

Thoughts?

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
it is legal now
1% or 5% tds gets deducted on every transaction and you will be taxed 30% on the gains
and the losses cannot be used to offset other gains or salary.
india is trying to come up with e-rupee not sure if it is a direct compeititor to crypto

it is legal now
1% or 5% tds gets deducted on every transaction and you will be taxed 30% on the gains
and the losses cannot be used to offset other gains or salary.
india is trying to come up with e-rupee not sure if it is a direct compeititor to crypto
I have never paid any taxes on my crypto transactions. I made like 46000 last month. Should I be worried? I stay on P2P and use NSDL Jiffy to do the transactions over gpay. Please help.

I have never paid any taxes on my crypto transactions. I made like 46000 last month. Should I be worried? I stay on P2P and use NSDL Jiffy to do the transactions over gpay. Please help.
just account for the taxes& put that into a fixed depo. when & if tax office begs for money then thow that fd money to their face

What is the current crypto landscape in India? Is it legal or illegal now?

Do you have any crypto investments? If so how?

Looks like crypto is becoming mainstream abroad with many big names like Blackrock etc planning to issue crypto ETFs.

Is india going to get left behind a crypto revolution? Or are we dodging a big bullet?

Thoughts?
30% tax = Crypto dead in india