• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit cards which reverse Surcharge and GST on Fuel ⛽

TF Ace
TF Family
Most credit cards nowadays waive 1% fuel surcharge but not the GST (on that surcharge). But recently I came to know there is one credit card in my wallet which reverses the surcharge as well as GST. So, I thought there might be other cards out there which offer the same benefit. This will be beneficial for those who don't have fuel cashback credit cards (OR are not interested to get one). Spending on fuel using these cards you won't have to pay any extra charges whatsoever! Plus the added benefit of spending through a credit card and if you pay your bill using HDFC bill pay, it would be the cherry on top! 😉

Note: Please share cards which reverse for all fuel pumps (regardless of fuel company OR POS device used). And this thread isn't for fuel cashback credit cards in particular as those won't work on every pump.

Credit Cards which reverse fuel surcharge and GST:
  1. ICICI Amazon Pay - Minimum Spend: N/A; Maximum Spend: ₹4,000 per transaction.

Last edited:
Amazon card reverses everything? I don't think so, I'll try it in a couple of days and update here
Saying this bcoz, last year there was an offer going on 150/- back on spending 3k or something at fuel stations on Amazon. I did those transactions but the gst part was not reversed

chai997

TF Buzz
Most credit cards nowadays waive 1% fuel surcharge but not the GST (on that surcharge). But recently I came to know there is one credit card in my wallet which reverses the surcharge as well as GST. So, I thought there might be other cards out there which offer the same benefit. This will be beneficial for those who don't have fuel cashback credit cards (OR are not interested to get one). Spending on fuel using these cards you won't have to pay any extra charges whatsoever! Plus the added benefit of spending through a credit card and if you pay your bill using HDFC bill pay, it would be the cherry on top! 😉

Note: Please share cards which reverse for all fuel pumps (regardless of fuel company OR POS device used). And this thread isn't for fuel cashback credit cards in particular as those won't work on every pump.

Credit Cards which reverse fuel surcharge and GST:
  1. ICICI Amazon Pay - Minimum Spend: N/A; Maximum Spend: ₹4,000 per transaction.
Thanks for sharing this info, I tried APAY Card it worked perfectly as you said.

And OneCard also reverses everything.

Last edited:
Tried apay card :
for 400/- it debited 411.8 and reversed 11.8 but
for 3050/- it debited 3086 and reversed only 31.5. Any clarification?
Also does the POS machine bank matters for fuel surcharge in any way?

Last edited: