• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card portfolio review & optimization

shashankrt

TF Premier
Hey All,

So I have accumulated quite a few cards and I am looking for portfolio review and probably also upgrade / close some cards.

Profile - Avid Traveller and occasional flier with a mix of business and personal flights. (1 -2 International trips, 12+ domestic trips sometimes with family). Hence focus on maximizing CC rewards and Hotel / Flight miles. Frequently use lounges / hotel offer as well as travel and dining deals. Occasionally I utilize cashback or other offers as I dont prefer manufactured spending and using hacks.

Also recently closed Amex MRCC causing CIBIL drop of 18 points (Card was only 4 yr old with only 4L limit)

Credit Card List with issues / actions planned / suggestions required:

HDFC Infinia - Paid - No issues, primary card and not planning any change. Dont care about fees as it pays for itself.
HDFC TATA NEU - Paid - Primary Rupay card - Need to change to LTF
Axis Magnus Burgundy - LTF - Primary card. No change planned unless something better comes around.
Axis Vistara Infinite - Paid - Planning to close (please suggest if I should close or downgrade or wait with recent vistara / air india merger news)
Axis Samsung Infinite - Should I get this?
ICICI - Coral Platinum - Paid - Crappy card. Only have this I need Amazon Pay card. Please suggest alternatives to upgrade
ICICI Amazon Pay - LTF - Used frequently, No changes planned
Amex Platinum Charge Card - Paid - Renewed recently however may not renew unless Amex offers decent renewal benefits
Amex MRCC - Paid - Closed recently. Should I reapply and get this or get AMex Plat Travel card or Amex gold charge?
SBI Simply Save - No idea what to do with this. Card currently not in use. Should I upgrade to SBI cash back?
SBI Aurum - Paid - Recently closed. Planning to get this again? Any suggestions?
RBL Icon - Paid - Need to replace this or close this? Any suggestions for upgrade or should I close this?
Kotak Royale - LTF - Any suggestions if I should upgrade to another LTF card?
Standard Chartered Manhattan - LTF - No idea what to do with this card? Should I upgrade / change?
Citibank Rewards - LTF - No idea what to do with this card? May be just keep it?
IDFC First Wealth - LTF - Will keep it for offers
IDFC Vistara - Paid - Recently acquired. Waiting for updates from Vistara / Air India
IDBI Winnings - LTF - Rupay card and good for occasional offers on Zomato etc
IndusInd - Aura - LTF - Will be upgrading this. However will have separate thread as in discussions with a senior RM for Pioneer upgrade.

Cheers,
Shashank

MudraMantra

TF Buzz
  • HDFC Tata Neu - you can drop email to escalation desk and ask them for LTF. There are many threads in this forum.
  • Axis Samsung Infinite - do you really think it's worth to add in your collection?
  • ICICI Coral - Ask them to convert it to LTF. Many people got Rupay variant LTF.
  • SBI - you can ask for LTF simply save for SBI card offers or you can upgrade it to cashback paid variant.
  • RBL - if this is not giving any specific benefits you can close the paid card.
  • You have both AXIS Vistara and IDFC Vistara and both are paid variant so decide accordingly and close 1 of them.

Thanks
Hey All,

So I have accumulated quite a few cards and I am looking for portfolio review and probably also upgrade / close some cards.

Profile - Avid Traveller and occasional flier with a mix of business and personal flights. (1 -2 International trips, 12+ domestic trips sometimes with family). Hence focus on maximizing CC rewards and Hotel / Flight miles. Frequently use lounges / hotel offer as well as travel and dining deals. Occasionally I utilize cashback or other offers as I dont prefer manufactured spending and using hacks.

Also recently closed Amex MRCC causing CIBIL drop of 18 points (Card was only 4 yr old with only 4L limit)

HDFC Infinia - Paid - No issues, primary card and not planning any change. Dont care about fees as it pays for itself.
HDFC TATA NEU - Paid - Primary Rupay card - Need to change to LTF
Axis Magnus Burgundy - LTF - Primary card. No change planned unless something better comes around.
Axis Vistara Infinite - Paid - Planning to close (please suggest if I should close or downgrade or wait with recent vistara / air india merger news)
ICICI - Coral Platinum - Paid - Crappy card. Only have this I need Amazon Pay card. Please suggest alternatives to upgrade
ICICI Amazon Pay - LTF - Used frequently, No changes planned
Amex Platinum Charge Card - Paid - Renewed recently however may not renew unless Amex offers decent renewal benefits
Amex MRCC - Paid - Closed recently. Should I reapply and get this or get AMex Plat Travel card or Amex gold charge?
SBI Simply Save - No idea what to do with this. Card currently not in use. Should I upgrade to SBI cash back?
SBI Aurum - Paid - Recently closed. Planning to get this again? Any suggestions?
RBL Icon - Paid - Need to replace this or close this? Any suggestions for upgrade or should I close this?
Standard Chartered Manhattan - LTF - No idea what to do with this card? Should I upgrade / change?
Citibank Rewards - LTF - No idea what to do with this card? May be just keep it?
IDFC Vistara - Paid - Recently acquired. Waiting for updates from Vistara / Air India
IndusInd - Aura - LTF - Will be upgrading this. However will have separate thread as in discussions with a senior RM for Pioneer upgrade.

Cheers,
Shashank

helloworld

TF Legend

HDFC Infinia - Paid - No issues, primary card and not planning any change. Dont care about fees as it pays for itself. #Ok
HDFC TATA NEU - Paid - Primary Rupay card - Need to change to LTF # Try @MudraMantra suggestion
Axis Magnus Burgundy - LTF - Primary card. No change planned unless something better comes around. #Ok

Actually, you don't need them. And most importantly you don't need 3 cards from this bank just because they providing it. Unnecessary splitting of purchases.

ICICI - Coral Platinum - Paid - Crappy card. Only have this I need Amazon Pay card. Please suggest alternatives to upgrade #Based on your profile, you can easily get Rubyx or Sapphiro LTF. Drop a chat in twitter ICICI

ICICI Amazon Pay - LTF - Used frequently, No changes planned # You won't use this when you have Infinia or M4B, IMO - Unless you have >1L amzn spends every month. Suggesting you to close and reduce exposure in CIBIL.

Close and don't apply if you haven't used once in last 2 years for any sales. Probably not needed anymore. As said, you have upgraded and better cards so it takes time to find use cases with low cards or unnecessary purchase splits.