• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card Limits: How Much Can I Expect with a Monthly Salary of Rs 53,000 and CIBIL Score of 745?

Mysterio_6174

TF Select
Hello everyone,

I hope this post finds you well. I am writing to seek your advice regarding credit card limits. I currently have a monthly salary of Rs 53,000 and a CIBIL score of 710 and Experian score 823. I am planning to apply for a credit card, but I am not sure how much credit limit I can expect to get from different banks based on my salary and credit score.

Therefore, I would appreciate it if you could share your experiences or knowledge about credit card limits for people with similar financial situations. Which banks offer the highest credit limits to individuals with a salary of Rs 53,000 and a CIBIL score of 710 and Experian Score 823?

Any advice, suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon

Last edited:

Mysterio_6174

TF Select
Hello everyone,

I hope this post finds you well. I am writing to seek your advice regarding credit card limits. I currently have a monthly salary of Rs 53,000 and a CIBIL score of 710 and Experian score 823. I am planning to apply for a credit card, but I am not sure how much credit limit I can expect to get from different banks based on my salary and credit score.

Therefore, I would appreciate it if you could share your experiences or knowledge about credit card limits for people with similar financial situations. Which banks offer the highest credit limits to individuals with a salary of Rs 53,000 and a CIBIL score of 710 and Experian Score 823?

Any advice, suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon

@kkk
@MartianArmy
@007
@Wealth is my birth right!
@hariks789
@bugmenot
@gurubhai
@loveshah
@Tosh
@athadfjp
@dhiraz
@Strange
@Rahul Gupta
@harshd
@visvin
@rpawar0703
@aay001
@twugd
@Shashank2210
@jubit
@Copycat
@FinoGuy
@NOOBY
@jack333
@RajBlr
@visvin
@Predator
@phani11
@satish0987
@Ram1
@zealot
@TheMentalist
@Enthusiast

gambit

TF Buzz
It depends on so many factors not only income. For me some cards have 2l + limit and for one card 35k only
Yes, same. IndusInd has given me 1 lac while AU has given 5 lac+ to me.

Even if you start with limited limit, you can request the bank to increase it after some months if you are regularly using card and paying full amount with due dates.

Harshal

TF Buzz
Hello everyone,

My one suggestion is that you improve your cibil score a little above 750 and then physically apply for credit card from the branch with income documents, the possibility of getting above 1lakh limit will increase.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
improve your score a bit.
ICICI, HDFC , AU are generous with credit limit. So, try for these banks first once your score reaches 750+
You may try for SBI BPCL card too, they gave me limit of 2,20,000 on salary of Rs30,000 per month in 2019.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the tag
Whatever ur salary u can get min 3 times of it as card limit generally however some stingy banks give 2x limit of salary by considering other pl hl outstandings
Coming to ur case with this cibil you can’t get all bank cards better to keep ur cibil 760+ for easy card approvals

Mysterio_6174

TF Select
Thank you to those who have already replied to my previous post. I appreciate your insights and advice.

Just to reiterate, my Experian Score is 823 and my CIBIL score is 710. I applied for the Axis MyZone credit card today and am wondering what my chances are of being approved. I am located in Hyderabad.

If anyone has any additional information or experiences to share regarding the Axis MyZone credit card, I would be grateful to hear them. Thank you again for your help!

shsinha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone,

cibil 710 may cause problem. Go for cards which are under promotion like axis myzone, axis IOL, idfc millenia/classic.. but do not apply too many as it will hit/decrease your cibil score

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Hello everyone,

Depending on the card that you apply for, payment history and credit utilisation, the sky is the limit. Jokes aside, many people have credit cards with high limits without any source of income. If its your first credit card, expect 0.5-1.5x your salary as your credit limit.

Akash Topder

TF Premier
Well limit really depends on banks. In my experience HDFC gives upfront high limit. With only 43k net salary I got 1.62L HDFC Millennia. ICICI didn't give high limit, only 40k with same salary but in 4-5 months it's increased to 1.3L
I'll say most stringent is SBI Card in my experience. I have lowest limit from them.

gobsy

TF Premier
Sorry to divert from the topic but a Lady from HDFC bank is giving me DCP card LTF but asking for my documents on whatsapp. I have Airtel axis with 1 lakh limit which i got last month. Is this a scam? Should I give her the documents?

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Sorry to divert from the topic but a Lady from HDFC bank is giving me DCP card LTF but asking for my documents on whatsapp. I have Airtel axis with 1 lakh limit which i got last month. Is this a scam? Should I give her the documents?
I would suggest you never share documents containing sensitive information over WhatsApp.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
As mentioned by CARDBITRAGE above, please avoid sharing any documents over WhatsApp. These third-party agents may misuse your documents in the future to meet their targets. There are numerous stories available online, including some shared on our forums, highlighting such incidents.

netsec

TF Select
I would recommend to stay away from such credit card agents.

Mogambo

TF Buzz
I saw lot of lame answers. Just apply any CC based on your requirements, your profile is decent. Dont expect premium cards like magnus, Reserve, then you are good to go.

Tejo

TF Legend
Hello everyone,

Try icici, kotak; Will give card with best limit but no rewards 😢

Hdfc moderate. Just open ac don't make hdfc as salary ac. While opening hdfc ac say that your salaried. Just spend little, you might get pre-approved offer.

Axis - if you want. Open atleast prestige or priority otherwise axis very very low limit. If they rejected or given less limit. Just close ac, don't activate card 😅😅

Try StanC,BOB

****Just have icici or kotak after 8 months apply au card thereafter hdfc,sbi,indus

** Just spend less for icici, kotak le

For le in other banks don't use for Rent, wallet, much utility etc moderate utilisation for each month.

Use max limit for shopping only*