• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit card for making insurance payment

LKG

TF Neo
hi
recent trend has been of exclusion of insurance payments from rewards category!!
which credit card gives maximum rewards or cashback on making insurance payments?

nik007rock

TF Select
I have tata neu plus,icici apay,hdfc millennia.
Which card would fetch highest cashback for my 16k insurance payment ? I suppose hdfc ?is it still working via amazon

paresh22

TF Ace
I have tata neu plus,icici apay,hdfc millennia.
Which card would fetch highest cashback for my 16k insurance payment ? I suppose hdfc ?is it still working via amazon
Amazon stopped accepting credit cards for insurance payments. You can buy Amazon gift cards and pay insurance premiums using Amazon pay balance.

cra

TF Buzz
use Cred app to pay for insurance premiums
tried with SBI cashback card and Amex platinum cc & smart earn cc
received 5% cashback on SBI, and MR for the Amex cards post transaction settlement

hi
recent trend has been of exclusion of insurance payments from rewards category!!
which credit card gives maximum rewards or cashback on making insurance payments?
I use Ace card. First I load in Ola wallet and then I pay using Ola money. But many insurance companies are not available in Ola. I use to pay for SBI Life and get 5% cashback

IMG_20230709_150245.jpg

received 5% cashback on SBI, and MR for the Amex cards post transaction settlement
When did u pay using SBI cashback cc ? Was it after the devaluation ? If possible, can u share the MCC of the transaction ?

cra

TF Buzz
When did u pay using SBI cashback cc ? Was it after the devaluation ? If possible, can u share the MCC of the transaction ?
yes, I paid after the devaluation (i.e. just last month), sbi app or statement doesn't show MCC, however, it says dreamplug technologies
I think the insurance section of the cred app does not have MCC set correctly or maybe their insurance payment and their store payment is tagged under the same MCC

yes, I paid after the devaluation (i.e. just last month), sbi app or statement doesn't show MCC, however, it says dreamplug technologies
I think the insurance section of the cred app does not have MCC set correctly or maybe their insurance payment and their store payment is tagged under the same MCC
Many thanks for the info.. hopefully this continues till September when i have to pay LIC premium of around 60K.;)

Akash Topder

TF Premier
This needs to get confirmed by multiple users.

kushhh

TF Ace
You can ask the customer care , about the mcc code , by a service request on sbi cards app

cra

TF Buzz
Many thanks for the info.. hopefully this continues till September when i have to pay LIC premium of around 60K.;)
pleasure!
would recommend testing it out couple days prior with a lower amount premium, I tried with my term plan premium (costs <1000), once I checked I got the cashback for it, I paid for health insurance