• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Credit Card Closure Request not honoured

ccgeek07

TF Premier
I had sent a credit card closure request to the issuer through mail last year for which I didn't receive any response till now.
But a month later I was charged the Annual Fees and it was reversed as per my request. After that I did few transactions on that card (approx 1-2 txns per month for 3 months).
I do not find that card useful and can close the card.

What would be the best sort of action I can proceed with?

Your responses would be of great help. Thanks in advance.

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
I had sent a credit card closure request to the issuer through mail last year for which I didn't receive any response till now.
But a month later I was charged the Annual Fees and it was reversed as per my request. After that I did few transactions on that card (approx 1-2 txns per month for 3 months).
I do not find that card useful and can close the card.

What would be the best sort of action I can proceed with?

Your responses would be of great help. Thanks in advance.
which bank card? variant?

Darthvader

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, I am aware of this. There's a penalty of 500/day to the Bank.
According to RBI closuer request needs to be honored within 7 days. You can approach PNO or nodal officer. If not satisfied then reach RBI
Is it same applicable to the savings account or it applies only in CC . Can you point me out to the RBI circular notification. I have a case with FI want to defend my self.