• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cred affected my cibil score

Bob78900

TF Premier
I always use cred for my card's payments but due to an ongoing offer on amazon i used amazon for payment. The payment was successful and settled at the bank end before due date. But When i checked my Experian score on cred app it showed late payment of my card. Does anyone faced this?
Basically i am trying to say that if you're regular user of feed cred and used other applications for payment they mark the bill as late.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Cred usually has option to say if you paid from other ways, I always mark it if I do so.

Also I doubt if cred could affect credit score. We are not really taking loan/cc from them so it doesn't make sense.

kunal89

TF Premier
I always use cred for my card's payments but due to an ongoing offer on amazon i used amazon for payment. The payment was successful and settled at the bank end before due date. But When i checked my Experian score on cred app it showed late payment of my card. Does anyone faced this?
Basically i am trying to say that if you're regular user of feed cred and used other applications for payment they mark the bill as late.
Your perception is wrong. Cred has no role in affecting scores. Check if there is some difference in bill amount and payment amount. Even some paisa makes it late payment. You need to verify this from next cc statement.

Bob78900

TF Premier
Your perception is wrong. Cred has no role in affecting scores. Check if there is some difference in bill amount and payment amount. Even some paisa makes it late payment. You need to verify this from next cc statement.
I always pay full amount. I have checked it but that's wrong if you're using other apps to pay they will mark it as late payment even after asking me you paid using other options

kunal89

TF Premier
I always pay full amount. I have checked it but that's wrong if you're using other apps to pay they will mark it as late payment even after asking me you paid using other options
Again you are wrong. Regardless of any payment method, cred has no role in marking late payment in bureau report. That paid via other way option in cred is just for your own record. I never mark that and I never pay any bill via cred. Nothing was marked whatsoever. Cred is a tool, that all.

prc1990

TF Ace
If you paid through any app other than CRED and the same has been credited to your card, you don't need to worry even if it is showing overdue/not paid in CRED as that 'Overdue/Not Paid' status is specific to CRED and CRED doesn't report anything to credit bureaus.

So chill! 🍷