• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Correct Guideline for Chargeback for Axis Bank

rdargar

TF Premier
So I recently booked an hotel via InterMiles for 80K which was fully refundable before a certain date.
However post booking I cancelled the booking within few hours owing to a mistake I made while booking.
However they refunded only too the tune of INR 71k stating that 9000 is for Membership something which is non refundable.
I remember accurately that no such option was giver to me to choose whether I want to avail or not , neither it was mentioned in the refund policy which I read thoroughly.

Communicating with IM they said that the same was mentioned in the COLLAPSED HEAD OF TAXES AND SURCHARGES (being totally irrelevant head) and was not mentioned explicitly neither I had an option to choose.
They are straight away denying refund of this amount.
Will my chargeback be successful with Axis bank ; what should I keep in mind? (Not approached via Twitter yet as I have NIL followers)
Any help from experienced members @TechnoFino @Subhankar will be great .

Here is a sample mail I am planning to send to Axis:
Dear Axis Bank Credit Card Department,

I hope this communication finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a significant issue I have encountered with a recent hotel booking made using my Axis Bank credit card. Despite multiple attempts to resolve the matter with the service provider, Intermiles, the situation remains unresolved, prompting me to escalate the matter and seek your assistance in initiating a chargeback.While making the booking it was explicitly mentioned ₹0 Penalty for the following booking

Booking Details:

Booking ID: XXXXX
Date of Booking: November 26, 2023
Name on Booking: XXXX
Total Amount Paid: INR 80,970
Amount Refunded: INR 71,654

The issue arose when I attempted to cancel the reservation, and I was confronted with an absurd and undisclosed "Member Value Pack" charge of INR 9,316. This charge was not communicated during the booking process, and subsequent efforts to seek clarification from Intermiles have been unproductive. I have attached relevant documentation, including the booking confirmation and cancellation details.

The cancellation charges, Intermiles has cited are concealed as non-refundable "Member Value Pack" charge, which was not clearly disclosed during the booking and is misleadingly placed under the "Taxes" category which is collapsed by default in an non-prominent area. This lack of transparency has financial implications that were not made apparent at the time of booking.

I kindly request your assistance in expediting the chargeback process and investigating this matter promptly. If there are any further queries, please feel free to contact me directly at XXX.

I appreciate your urgent attention to this matter and request that you keep me informed of any developments or additional information required from my end.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance in resolving this issue promptly.

Best regards,

D₹V

TF Prestige
So I recently booked an hotel via InterMiles for 80K which was fully refundable before a certain date.
However post booking I cancelled the booking within few hours owing to a mistake I made while booking.
However they refunded only too the tune of INR 71k stating that 9000 is for Membership something which is non refundable.
I remember accurately that no such option was giver to me to choose whether I want to avail or not , neither it was mentioned in the refund policy which I read thoroughly.

Communicating with IM they said that the same was mentioned in the COLLAPSED HEAD OF TAXES AND SURCHARGES (being totally irrelevant head) and was not mentioned explicitly neither I had an option to choose.
They are straight away denying refund of this amount.
Will my chargeback be successful with Axis bank ; what should I keep in mind? (Not approached via Twitter yet as I have NIL followers)
Any help from experienced members @TechnoFino @Subhankar will be great .

Here is a sample mail I am planning to send to Axis:
Dear Axis Bank Credit Card Department,

I hope this communication finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a significant issue I have encountered with a recent hotel booking made using my Axis Bank credit card. Despite multiple attempts to resolve the matter with the service provider, Intermiles, the situation remains unresolved, prompting me to escalate the matter and seek your assistance in initiating a chargeback.While making the booking it was explicitly mentioned ₹0 Penalty for the following booking

Booking Details:

Booking ID: XXXXX
Date of Booking: November 26, 2023
Name on Booking: XXXX
Total Amount Paid: INR 80,970
Amount Refunded: INR 71,654

The issue arose when I attempted to cancel the reservation, and I was confronted with an absurd and undisclosed "Member Value Pack" charge of INR 9,316. This charge was not communicated during the booking process, and subsequent efforts to seek clarification from Intermiles have been unproductive. I have attached relevant documentation, including the booking confirmation and cancellation details.

The cancellation charges, Intermiles has cited are concealed as non-refundable "Member Value Pack" charge, which was not clearly disclosed during the booking and is misleadingly placed under the "Taxes" category which is collapsed by default in an non-prominent area. This lack of transparency has financial implications that were not made apparent at the time of booking.

I kindly request your assistance in expediting the chargeback process and investigating this matter promptly. If there are any further queries, please feel free to contact me directly at XXX.

I appreciate your urgent attention to this matter and request that you keep me informed of any developments or additional information required from my end.

Thank you for your understanding and assistance in resolving this issue promptly.

Best regards,
Tagging @anirban.choudhury too

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Post in thread 'Please delete' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/please-delete.16005/post-365415

Edit: Lol some admin deleted my post after I linked here😔.

In summary, you are shown member value pack amount while booking itself and the terms clearly shows them as non-refundable. Only thing is it is less than 1% in most cases. I don't understand how it came to 10% in ur case. Also, it is shown during cancellation as well.

Can you share hotel name and dates?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-26-22-13-19-70_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-26-22-13-19-70_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2023-11-26-22-13-00-21_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-26-22-13-00-21_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

rdargar

TF Premier
Post in thread 'Please delete' https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/please-delete.16005/post-365415

Edit: Lol some admin deleted my post after I linked here😔.

In summary, you are shown member value pack amount while booking itself and the terms clearly shows them as non-refundable. Only thing is it is less than 1% in most cases. I don't understand how it came to 10% in ur case. Also, it is shown during cancellation as well.

Can you share hotel name and dates?
Tajmahal palace mumbai jan 4-6 . As said earlier it is shown in Taxes and surcharge option in the collapsed section.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Tajmahal palace mumbai jan 4-6 . As said earlier it is shown in Taxes and surcharge option in the collapsed section.
Yes, that's how it shows. You need expand price breakup to see all details. Many sites do these kind of tricks.

But 10% is huge. I still don't see 10% even for this hotel and these dates. 660 for around 80K. Less than 1%.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-26-23-51-52-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-26-23-51-52-74_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2023-11-26-23-54-18-55_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-26-23-54-18-55_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 13

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Axis will approach IM and they will share their policy details which clearly state MVP fee is non-refundable.
Try to request IM directly to refund these charges as a one-time gesture. If they don't oblige then threaten them with legal action.

rdargar

TF Premier
Axis will approach IM and they will share their policy details which clearly state MVP fee is non-refundable.
Try to request IM directly to refund these charges as a one-time gesture. If they don't oblige then threaten them with legal action.
But they also have clubbed MVP in the heads of taxes and do not mention the same while booking and at the same time they explicitly mention that there is 0 charges for cancellation.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
But they also have clubbed MVP in the heads of taxes and do not mention the same while booking and at the same time they explicitly mention that there is 0 charges for cancellation.
What does Read Cancellation Policy says wherein they show cancellation charges date-wise? You can use that screenshot as a proof for Axis Chargeback.