• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Continued missing reward points in Smartbuy for DCB

ltf4ever

TF Ace
hi

i know there was another thread on this that mentioned that the problem was only for November purchases on smartbuy.

But i have found the problem to persist in December purchases as well, so starting a dedicated thread.

for the month of November, all the points for smartbuy purchases were not credited so ot was noticed by many of us.

but in december month's statement cycle also i am missing a few hundred reward points ( out of a thousand) which i was able to catch only because i thought of rechecking.

all who use this feature, please keep an eye on the smartbuy accelerated points if hdfc is crediting them accurately or not.

surgan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
When txns has merchant as smartbuy gyftr and I have no clue why this rediculous custoemr care asking for order nos :( i agree if they are not tracked as smartbuy asking for order ids make sense but gyftr with smartbuy no such need.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
When txns has merchant as smartbuy gyftr and I have no clue why this rediculous custoemr care asking for order nos :( i agree if they are not tracked as smartbuy asking for order ids make sense but gyftr with smartbuy no such need.
true. when they had asked me for order ids for the first time, i told them to get these ids themselves, based on the latest statement dates. they replied saying that they cannot proceed unless i give them the ids,.

if you want the transaction ids, you can find it from the gyftr portal after logging in.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had a transaction in December and the points are credited till the statement date but will watch out for the points after the statement date. Thanks for the alert.

surgan

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
true. when they had asked me for order ids for the first time, i told them to get these ids themselves, based on the latest statement dates. they replied saying that they cannot proceed unless i give them the ids,.

if you want the transaction ids, you can find it from the gyftr portal after logging in.
Yeah we can but they are so reckless same happened without order ids they wont take complaint :( head weight hdfc ppl

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Friends,

HDFC is making this more difficult.

First they asked me the details of the transaction, then the calculations which i spent time and gave them. Now they are saying that they have given me the reward points already and that i should check the statement again.
I took a screenshot of the statement and sent it to them again. The difference is only for about 150 points but the fact that HDFC is lying and not willing to accept their mistake is what is concerning.

If anyone has pno email address, please share here.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just got my statement. The missing November bonus points which were confirmed to be posted on 29th December through email is not seen.

And some regular retail transactions in Mid Jan is missing regular points. They include dining, retail grocery and even swiggy. Seriously HDFC?? No points this time for Bbdaily recharge. Hope they didn't broke the system while they were reconfigure to stop reward points for rental and government transactions.

I sent an email to grievance but can't chase them for every single thing each month.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Just got my statement. The missing November bonus points which were confirmed to be posted on 29th December through email is not seen.

And some regular retail transactions in Mid Jan is missing regular points. They include dining, retail grocery and even swiggy. Seriously HDFC?? No points this time for Bbdaily recharge. Hope they didn't broke the system while they were reconfigure to stop reward points for rental and government transactions.

I sent an email to grievance but can't chase them for every single thing each month.
forgot to update:
i have stopped following up after 1 month, as hdfc is straightaway denying their mistake even after i sent them my statements with smartbuy points highlighted and detailed calculations.
i am going to move to another card as my top of the wallet card now.

LT1

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

I also had these missing bonus points in Nov. While the new statement does not have an explicit line item for the Nov bonus points, the calculations suggests that they have added it as per their email once I had raised the concern to them. My new total points includes the missing ones, did you also calculate similarly?

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I also had these missing bonus points in Nov. While the new statement does not have an explicit line item for the Nov bonus points, the calculations suggests that they have added it as per their email once I had raised the concern to them. My new total points includes the missing ones, did you also calculate similarly?
Fantastic, I just manually added all the points and yes the missing points are indeed there. Probably their statement generation software doesn't have an option to add off cycle credits of points and adjust in the total. Thanks a lot. Also understand from other thread that it may be retail spends which are capped each month and hence points will be credited in next month. Makes sense but they need to communicate better.

• Love
Reactions: LT1

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have complaint the them for missing points two times and If they acknowledge, they are always credited in next statement but it wont be written anywhere. So you need to calculate your all transaction RPs with the accelerated RPs and then subtract this from total RPs received to check the missing RPs credited.