• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Confused between IDFC FIRST WOW and IDFC Wealth Credit Card

crazyuploader

TF Premier
Hello,

I'm basically confused IDFC FIRST WOW and Wealth Credit Card. I've never held any IDFC Card before, don't have any relationship with them either. So not sure if I can get Wealth Card.

Also, need to plan to the use card for international transactions. I heard Wealth has 2.5% reward rate and 1.5% forex charges, is it true? Meanwhile WOW looks good as it comes with 0% forex.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I'm basically confused IDFC FIRST WOW and Wealth Credit Card. I've never held any IDFC Card before, don't have any relationship with them either. So not sure if I can get Wealth Card.

Also, need to plan to the use card for international transactions. I heard Wealth has 2.5% reward rate and 1.5% forex charges, is it true? Meanwhile WOW looks good as it comes with 0% forex.
WOW card is FD backed secured card, Wealth is unsecured card.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
That I know, I wanted to know which one to get, considering I don't have IDFC unsecured right now, chances of me getting one are slim
If you know that why are you comparing both, they both are different segment cards. The requirement for wealth is very high, I have salary account with them with ~2.5L per month but still gave me select card. Not sure how ur talking about getting it 🤷‍♂️

crazyuploader

TF Premier
If you know that why are you comparing both, they both are different segment cards. The requirement for wealth is very high, I have salary account with them with ~2.5L per month but still gave me select card. Not sure how ur talking about getting it 🤷‍♂️
Oh lol, I will go with WOW then

Reactions: ARV

0b110

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Well, not always. I got a wealth first cc just on the basis two factors:
a. another credit card with over 5 lakh credit limit
b. Already have a wealth savings account (need 5 lakh + balance)

They didn't ask for salary slips or ITR details or anything else.

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

What is the requirement for wealth account ? Is FD counted for it ?

Vishnu

TF Select

Me too similar story.. opened wealth account and maintained good balance and also created FD. Didnt accept the select or wow card offer despite being contacted multiple times. Finally got offer for wealth card in whatsapp and applied immediately. It was instant approval.

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes, FD is counted. When I created the acct in t2 city, requirement was to keep trv of 5 lakh +. I hear it is 10lakh now.
For wealth account ? I've trv of 5+ . How long it takes to get the offer for select or wealth account varient ?

They've assigned me a RM that never picks a call. Complained regarding this over mail today.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Cancel your select card and then reapply using different phone number , select c2c and use other bank premium card like Magnus

You will be offered wealth

And don’t worry about phone number after card is approved they will map it to your bank registered phone number

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As other answers already mention, getting a Wealth credit card is not that difficult. Read somewhere in this forum that you may get a Wealth card on C2C basis if you have a premium card such as DCB or Magnus, and no relationship with IDFC(as is your case). However, this might not be the case always(they may look at your CIBIL and income as well).

I received the Wealth credit card in 2 business days after video kyc. Gave 'Infinia' as the currently held card while applying online. No income proof asked.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
As other answers already mention, getting a Wealth credit card is not that difficult. Read somewhere in this forum that you may get a Wealth card on C2C basis if you have a premium card such as DCB or Magnus, and no relationship with IDFC(as is your case). However, this might not be the case always(they may look at your CIBIL and income as well).

I received the Wealth credit card in 2 business days after video kyc. Gave 'Infinia' as the currently held card while applying online. No income proof asked.
Oh yeah that true cause when I applied in jan 2022, they gave me prelimit and then ask for me c2c for that 50k limit more will be given so hence cibil come into the play in your case you're income was eligible for Wealth as per their requirements.

NewUser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Oh yeah that true cause when I applied in jan 2022, they gave me prelimit and then ask for me c2c for that 50k limit more will be given so hence cibil come into the play in your case you're income was eligible for Wealth as per their requirements.
I'm not sure if I was eligible because I hold an Infinia or because my salary was sufficient. They never asked for salary proof, so any high salary(say 5 lakhs per month) can be input. They have no way to confirm.

Again, if it's Infinia, maybe they have tie-up with HDFC to fetch candidate's information from card details(highly unlikely).

bharathitman

TF Buzz
After following their wizard and entering my salary I got IDFC Select. I had to re-do it again and then input the highest credit limit of my existing card (HDFC Diners Privilege) which >10L. After this I got the IDFC Wealth with a 10L limit. I am not really sure if they verified it or not