• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Concierge service asking for card number for verification

Sp4Rx

TF Buzz
Recently I have contacted the concierge service and they asked for my name and First 9 digits and Last 4 digits of the card. The card has a total of 14 digits so only one digit is missing here.

So is it the actual way of validating a user?

I will explain why I am asking this question. I hope all the tele-callers are honest but still any of them can note those 9 and 4 digits on a paper or in their mind and guess the 10th digit by randomising it 9 times. And they will have the full card number.

I have suggested this validation process should be shifted to an IVR call or an automated call. There I am happy to give the full card number.

I want to know from this community that is it the actual way of validation? Should I tell my card number?

Nemesis

TF Premier
Don't share... They already have your card number... If they want to verify they can ask last 4 digit... Not full
Also they have other ways for verification.

Check the number whether it has been updated... Or drop a mail for the same

Sp4Rx

TF Buzz
This is the response from dinners black support.

I hope the email id is correct.

Is it safe to tell them the card number?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221125_175715_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20221125_175715_Gmail.jpg
    692.3 KB · Views: 59

Maverick11

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
This happened to me as well. I have an Infinia metal card (previously had DCB). They ask for these details almost every single time. Ideally there should be an alternate form of verification.