• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Complaint against Uber for charging Rs 2 for credit card validation and not refunding

Gabbar.Singh

TF Select
I am writing to bring to your attention a complaint against Uber for charging Rs 2 for credit card validation and not refunding it as promised. I believe it is important to share this experience with fellow community members so that we can all be aware of such practices and take necessary precautions.

Recently, I used Uber to book a ride and was charged Rs 2 for credit card validation. The Uber app mentioned that this amount would be refunded within a few days. However, even after several weeks, I did not receive the refund. I contacted Uber customer support multiple times but received no resolution.

I am disappointed with Uber's lack of transparency and accountability in this matter. It is unacceptable for a company to charge customers for a service and not follow through on their promise to refund the amount.
---------------------------------------
Dear Uber Team,

I am writing to express my disappointment with the way my refund was handled. While I appreciate the Rs 2 refund, it is unacceptable that it took so much effort and frustration to receive it.

Furthermore, I am deeply troubled by the fact that you did not refund the validation charges on your own. It is disheartening to see a company that I once trusted resort to corrupt practices.

I urge you to reconsider your policies and prioritize transparency and honesty in your business practices. Your customers deserve better.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXX

romilq

TF Ace
I got the refund within 7 days. I verified my card two months ago.
EDIT - Just checked my statements. Uber refund has not arrived. 2rs. refund for PayZapp and PayU money has been credited.

equalizer

TF Premier
I got the refund within 7 days. I verified my card two months ago.
EDIT - Just checked my statements. Uber refund has not arrived. 2rs. refund for PayZapp and PayU money has been credited.
Thanks for the EDIT.. I couldn't believe the first line because I, quite literally, have more more than 20 refunds ( including 3 uber accounts in the family ) pending from Uber..

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
I am writing to bring to your attention a complaint against Uber for charging Rs 2 for credit card validation and not refunding it as promised. I believe it is important to share this experience with fellow community members so that we can all be aware of such practices and take necessary precautions.

Recently, I used Uber to book a ride and was charged Rs 2 for credit card validation. The Uber app mentioned that this amount would be refunded within a few days. However, even after several weeks, I did not receive the refund. I contacted Uber customer support multiple times but received no resolution.

I am disappointed with Uber's lack of transparency and accountability in this matter. It is unacceptable for a company to charge customers for a service and not follow through on their promise to refund the amount.
---------------------------------------
Dear Uber Team,

I am writing to express my disappointment with the way my refund was handled. While I appreciate the Rs 2 refund, it is unacceptable that it took so much effort and frustration to receive it.

Furthermore, I am deeply troubled by the fact that you did not refund the validation charges on your own. It is disheartening to see a company that I once trusted resort to corrupt practices.

I urge you to reconsider your policies and prioritize transparency and honesty in your business practices. Your customers deserve better.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXXXX
Jitna time and effort yaha lagaoge usse better continue with your work.
This is actually pennies which shouldn't matter to anyone.
Raising a complaint for this just makes you look like a clown

AritraSaha

TF Legend
I have faced this issue when adding card to payzapp & tata nue app.(don't know why i have added the card).
The annoying thing is now i have to pay cc bill for the card which i don't really use.
And fighting for ₹2 is waste of energy and time.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I disagree with the opinion that 2 rupees is very small amount to waste time on.

even Uber knows that and takes advantage of this fact.

I have filed several complaints with the consumer forum where the final charge in uber/ola was a few rupees more than what they showed at the start. and I got the money refunded within a couple of hours of these complaints.

turns out it was a deliberate scam by these companies and consumer court has directed them to pay a fine of 20k or something to the complainant.

also it becomes necessary for us as consumers to highlight this to the respective govt agencies as the number of complaints for unethical practices can help them bring adequate regulations. they won't know what's wrong unless consumers report it to them.

use umang app, it takes hardly 5min to file a complaint. watch 10 reels less per day if needed.

last but not the least, it is personal opinion whether 2 rupees is worth your 5 min time, but personally, I would prefer to spend my 5 min to take back my 2 rupees from a scammer and then maybe donate it to a needy beggar.

it took me 5 min to write this post even though I had no monetary gains, just to ensure that we all collectively put a stop to such malpractices.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
there is something known as cost benefit analysis.
what are you putting in and in turn what benefit are you reaping
you leave that 2 bucks and focus on something more productive which will make more than those 2 bucks
let's expand the scope of 'benefit' over here beyond 2 rupees.

my 5 minutes contributing to companies getting penalized for malpractice, govt bringing in stricter regulations, other customers becoming aware, companies thinking twice before doing such shady business - we win as a whole.
if no one raises voice for 2 rupees, Uber will increase it to 20 rupees. if I was running Uber, I would have definitely done that, knowing that customers have the ability and propensity to pay that much.

unless someone takes the stance of 'how can one person change the system'. in that scenario, let's stop elections process because we all know who is gonna win, let's stop using technofino because the members aren't gonna pay me for the solutions that I provide, right?

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
let's expand the scope of 'benefit' over here beyond 2 rupees.

my 5 minutes contributing to companies getting penalized for malpractice, govt bringing in stricter regulations, other customers becoming aware, companies thinking twice before doing such shady business - we win as a whole.
if no one raises voice for 2 rupees, Uber will increase it to 20 rupees. if I was running Uber, I would have definitely done that, knowing that customers have the ability and propensity to pay that much.

unless someone takes the stance of 'how can one person change the system'. in that scenario, let's stop elections process because we all know who is gonna win, let's stop using technofino because the members aren't gonna pay me for the solutions that I provide, right?
the time,effort and probably resources you will put in to get back those 2 rs would be more than 2 rs.This is called being penny wise pound foolish.
Also the price difference between the start price and end price being charged gets resolved immediately by talking with customer case,this is the case with rapido.
and as far as card tokenization is concerned,uber re-emburses the 2 rs as shared in the ss by me.
but i couldnt care less even if they didnt re emburse it to me because my time and resources are way much more than worth those 2 rs

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Jitna time and effort yaha lagaoge usse better continue with your work.
This is actually pennies which shouldn't matter to anyone.
Raising a complaint for this just makes you look like a clown
I have faced this issue when adding card to payzapp & tata nue app.(don't know why i have added the card).
The annoying thing is now i have to pay cc bill for the card which i don't really use.
And fighting for ₹2 is waste of energy and time.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
the time,effort and probably resources you will put in to get back those 2 rs would be more than 2 rs.This is called being penny wise pound foolish.
Also the price difference between the start price and end price being charged gets resolved immediately by talking with customer case,this is the case with rapido.
and as far as card tokenization is concerned,uber re-emburses the 2 rs as shared in the ss by me.
but i couldnt care less even if they didnt re emburse it to me because my time and resources are way much more than worth those 2 rs
better use your time somewhere important then, instead of giving Gyaan here.