• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Club Vistara Will Remain Unchanged After Merger With Air India - But How Much?

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
6A130C8E-AB11-4386-9326-3A1DD7243917.jpeg

By now you all must be getting the mail from Vistara that mentions “We would like to assure you that all the benefits and privileges associated with your CV Points, tiers, vouchers, etc. will remain unchanged as per the current program construct.

That means we’ll be having same benefits even after merger. Now the only question remains how much unchanged this program will be from other perspectives such as requirement of points, rebranding etc.

What are your thoughts on it?

saver-user

TF Select
VIP Lounge

my assumption is they will continue with same procedures with same reward and redemption for atleast start of merger as they will customers to fly air india rather than other major indigo and SpiceJet. These have a very strong hold on domestic market. Any new airline wants a very high number of passengers after merger to showcase achievements demand etc etc..​
I will be really happy if it stays same. bcoz it will benefit us more. as air india flies basically to all major and minor airports in india​

kirtivardhan

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
But does this also answer the question whether the Vistara Axis partnership will continue? If not, the way I read the email is that Vistara Gold privileges will continue but the question of getting the status without completing the requisite flights/miles remains.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
But does this also answer the question whether the Vistara Axis partnership will continue? If not, the way I read the email is that Vistara Gold privileges will continue but the question of getting the status without completing the requisite flights/miles remains.
Vistara even after merger won’t break the bank partnership with sbi Axis bank and IndusInd
Some of the points value may get altered to match with AI

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This news to calm down the nerves along with the hsbc as transfer partner (which removes Singapore airlines now) indicates mostly the slow down of Club Vistara signup due to merger and the start of consolidation phase with AI.

My personal opinion is Club Vistara brand will survive as FFP (given the aspirational value associated with it unlike AI) and lead to a usage of miles for both domestic and international Air India along with Singapore airlines (who holds a share,) at a much attractive way compared to star alliance.

Keeping fingers crossed...