• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Club Vistara Air India Integration Announced

Paras

TF Select
VIP Lounge
How would they do this automation migration? As not everyone will have flying return number then how would they identify the Target account? Or will they create a new one on their own?

And what about those who already have? How will they map?

Last edited:

pprakash11

TF Prestige
I have 10k points in my account. Overall I think vistara members will lose value after migration.
Definitely AI Fly Returns (points value wise) is more expensive. Would definitely suggest you to burn the points in Vistara itself !!

I currently have two vistara accounts in family, one myself and one for my mom!! I had 15500 points and my mom had 8500 points.
We have actually planned a trip in June and used all points (14k from my account and whole 8.5K from her account)- also used three PE vouchers + 3 OCU voucher.

Technically speaking, I had used Vistara to the fullest.

As a frequent vistara flyer, what's your take on this merger?
We all knew this was deemed to be happen. I'm currently seeing this as an opportunity, whereby getting VI, we both will get CV Gold which will ultimately get converted to Star Alliance Gold (at least for an year).
Looking forward to experience this, as I'll upgrade our both Vistara Signature to VI.
Post getting VI, at least one business class ticket and two OCU vouchers we will get, which definitely we can use it in AI, even for revenue tickets.

Although Vistara was lob, now it seems we will have to become used to Air Vistara (*AI) 🤪😂😂😂

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There goes the best loyalty airline program in India and back with one of the worst ones.

They didn't really kept their word when it came to their loyalty program or merging until certain criteria was met.
Air India still sucks, it is in the diapers phase of the merger and rebrand. You can't even login to their website at the moment and it is really buggy overall.

At least I hope with their system upgrades they fix the current unavailability of award flight for their partner airlines. Yes, it's that garbage that it's better to book AI flights through another loyalty program in many cases.

Last edited:

Harsha896

TF Premier
Would air india FR program allows addition of nominee just like vistara
There's no nominee system persay but there's this family pooling system which can be used where we can book for other family members and all family member points will accumulate as one. Although air india themselves have no clue as it's not implemented properly yet... Neither app nor website shows anything once you enrolled into it. For enrolling, you have to mail them and they will merge the family accounts but as I said no support in app or website till now so can't access anything as of now

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
This was meant to happen, no point dissing AI. Half of you claim that the revamped FR program is expensive without even checking it up. It costs just as much or even less when compared to the CV program. The only painpoint for now is that the FFP is still VERY buggy and the partner airline award availability is not properly listed. Things are still at a very nascent stage and they have a long way to go. I hope they also consider bringing the partner redemptions in line with the competition as it is way too astronomically high. But with how things are headed, I'm quite excited about AI. They are set to induce a fleet of around 60 aircraft by the end of 2024.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
This was meant to happen, no point dissing AI. Half of you claim that the revamped FR program is expensive without even checking it up. It costs just as much or even less when compared to the CV program. The only painpoint for now is that the FFP is still VERY buggy and the partner airline award availability is not properly listed. Things are still at a very nascent stage and they have a long way to go. I hope they also consider bringing the partner redemptions in line with the competition as it is way too astronomically high. But with how things are headed, I'm quite excited about AI. They are set to induce a fleet of around 60 aircraft by the end of 2024.
The issue with AI is not the points requirement , for economy it's still good but business redemptions are atrocious.
Vistara FFP is class apart from AI , simple things booking for nominees , redeeming vouchers etc are seamless even the award search is quite good.
The problem with AI is in its core so no matter Tata or Ambani's aquire it , it would be impossible or may be take a lot of time to reach to the level of Vistara in terms of customer service.

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
I transfer close to 70k points during bonus fest for upcoming trip in Aug which most probably will be delayed/Postpone. I feel like I'm burnt badly on this one.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
The issue with AI is not the points requirement , for economy it's still good but business redemptions are atrocious.
Vistara FFP is class apart from AI , simple things booking for nominees , redeeming vouchers etc are seamless even the award search is quite good.
The problem with AI is in its core so no matter Tata or Ambani's aquire it , it would be impossible or may be take a lot of time to reach to the level of Vistara in terms of customer service.
True. J redemptions are at a premium, but this won't affect most people. Most people will end up redeeming it for an economy award. AI has their work cut out for them, but I'm optimistic about their turnaround story as Air India is very close to the heart of the Tatas. Since the Tata house has been running the Vistara brand for quite some time, I'm sure their management won't have a problem bringing the service and experience levels in line with that of the Vistara brand. Having said that, I will deeply miss the Vistara brand as well. The level of service offered at such a price point is remarkable.

sonuyos

TF Select
RML Group
Does this mean that we cannot book any flights for nominee/anyone apart from ourselves (account owner)?