• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closing a 8 Year Old Card

parthv

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I have a 8-year-old Secured Credit Card of ICICI, at that time I was new and didn't have unsecured cards. Now I have a few unsecured cards, including Amex. I want to know If I close that secured card will it affect my credit limit in any way and is advisable to do so?

TIA

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Hi,

I have a 8-year-old Secured Credit Card of ICICI, at that time I was new and didn't have unsecured cards. Now I have a few unsecured cards, including Amex. I want to know If I close that secured card will it affect my credit limit in any way and is advisable to do so?

TIA
Do you have any other cards close to 6 to 7 years ?

rodeoSRP

TF Premier
Banker
Hi,

TIA
Closing the oldest card in your portfolio will affect the CIBIL score. Is there any other card that’s as old as the one which you are going to close now?

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Closing the oldest card in your portfolio will affect the CIBIL score. Is there any other card that’s as old as the one which you are going to close now?
Which bank you work mate

iSayyed

TF Buzz
Hi,

TIA
Talk with your ICICI RM; contact details are available on your iMobile app. Say to him/her that you've been using this secured credit card for 8 years now and you want to upgrade to an unsecured CC. They might help you.

helloworld

TF Legend
Hi,

TIA

btw all gemstone cards from ICICI have same credit account in CIBIL, so even if you apply other and close this one, account still open.

what is this card variant and which other cards you have with ICICI?

Last edited:

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Nothing. free to close.. what is the next oldest card age?

Also, btw all gemstone cards from ICICI have same credit account in CIBIL, so even if you apply other and close this one, account still open.

what is this card variant and which other cards you have with ICICI?
2 he said

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
keep it.. whats the issue.. its an icici relationship.. can be beneficial.. for other loans etc.. Just don't use it if not rewarding or get it converted to saffiro or something
Hi,