• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cibil score hovers around 772 to 784 - how to increase

Abhi27

TF Buzz
I have 3 credit cards of which 1 is 3.5 years old and other 2 are 2 years old , i don't have any other loans and my cibil score is 782. I always use card within 30% limit and total credit utilisation hardly crosses 10%, but still my cibil score hovers around 772 to 784 without reason. It's not moving up at all .Does anyone know the reason for this?? And what should i do to increase the score?

TheTrickySid

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
No man, it's not about the premium cards.
Sometimes if sum of your total Credit goes beyond a certain limit & still you seek for LE manually then the banks re-checks since increasing further may put themselves in to danger zone.

For example last year August I had increased the Limit of Sapphiro requesting manually from 2,50,000 to 6,00,000 without any enquiry in Cibil and this year I requested again before I completed 1 year.

For some reason they couldn't reject me this time & the limit requested was 9,50,000 which is almost the Upper Cut Up limit of Sapphiro.

So they had no option but to check my Credit Worthiness from Cibil & finally they approved 8,00,000.
Bro you say that you keep most of your funds in public banks
Then too how are you able to get such offers and premium LTF without having a good relationship with the bank😅
Just curious to know.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
credit age is very important for 800+ score... so be patient ... it will increase automatically.
BTW 772/784 is a decent score.
Sumanta I beg to differ on this.
I have a combined credit depth of 12 years but still I'm standing at 793+ for last 5-6 years in Transunion Score.
What I understood is, this 10-15 points somebody can only cover if they take a Home/Car-Loan & don't pre-close it.
Only taking insecure loan doesn't generally push someone's score beyond 800+ in Transunion, for Highmark may be possible.
For myself Highmark is 805 always but Cibil I couldn't touch 795 even.

So yes, depth of credit always plays a vital role but it's always good to have a mix of both Secured & Unsecured Loans to keep your Score for all the bureaus to 800+ and beyond.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Bro you say that you keep most of your funds in public banks
Then too how are you able to get such offers and premium LTF without having a good relationship with the bank😅
Just curious to know.
Very good/intelligent question, I do appreciate your observations.

Fortunately/unfortunately I work for a Private Company where the salary is drawn on HDFC/ICICI/Citi(Now Axis) so I have some privileges to converse with some of the Top level executives of these 3 banks although I don't keep any money on their savings.

So I exploit those people at the fullest & use their power to full fill my own desires. :) :)
Being their Corporate Client they can't really say "No" to me, instead they always tried their best.
As a result this time they couldn't lift me up to 9,50,000 what I requested but they increased till 8,00,000 & promised it will happen in early 2023.

TheTrickySid

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Very good/intelligent question, I do appreciate your observations.

Fortunately/unfortunately I work for a Private Company where the salary is drawn on HDFC/ICICI/Citi(Now Axis) so I have some privileges to converse with some of the Top level executives of these 3 banks although I don't keep any money on their savings.

So I exploit those people at the fullest & use their power to full fill my own desires. :) :)
Being their Corporate Client they can't really say "No" to me, instead they always tried their best.
As a result this time they couldn't lift me up to 9,50,000 what I requested but they increased till 8,00,000 & promised it will happen in early 2023.
You have connection with top lvl executive with the bank😮
Can you help me get ICICI and Citi CC on C2C if possible 😅
Edit: I guess Citi/StanC/HSBC only issue cards to salaried people so i won't be able to get them now correct me if I am wrong🙂

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
You have connection with top lvl executive with the bank😮
Can you help me get ICICI and Citi CC on C2C if possible 😅
If somehow your salary is being given in to any of these Private banks, you will also be allowed to access these people.
I'm not the only one who does that, many more in this community have these privileges' but don't disclose in general.
But unless you are their Corporate Client, they will not entertain you.

I'm sorry but this is the reality.

Edit:-HSBC you can't get. Since Citi is exiting now you can try & StanC also give cards on C2C basis

P:S-I don't know what is your age now, I would like to remind you that I have a 12 years of Credit history with me which is completely Spotless.
Therefore, I don't think that if I would have been a defaulter for a single time then these executives would also able to help me to fulfill my desires.
Yes, off course they pushed internally which can't be done via Branch/Customer Care but always remember Your Payment History is the ultimatum to get any of these privileges from any of the bank irrespective of your relation with them.

Last edited:

TheTrickySid

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
If somehow your salary is being given in to any of these Private banks, you will also be allowed to access these people.
I'm not the only one who does that, many more in this community have these privileges' but don't disclose in general.
But unless you are their Corporate Client, they will not entertain you.

I'm sorry but this is the reality.
Ok thanks for clarifying
It would have been great if I could even get ICICI platinum but better luck next time 😢

TF Ace
TF Family
No man, it's not about the premium cards.
Sometimes if sum of your total Credit goes beyond a certain limit & still you seek for LE manually then the banks re-checks since increasing further may put themselves in to danger zone.

For example last year August I had increased the Limit of Sapphiro requesting manually from 2,50,000 to 6,00,000 without any enquiry in Cibil and this year I requested again before I completed 1 year.

For some reason they couldn't reject me this time & the limit requested was 9,50,000 which is almost the Upper Cut Up limit of Sapphiro.

So they had no option but to check my Credit Worthiness from Cibil & finally they approved 8,00,000.
Gotcha! Thanks for the info. :)

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Sumanta I beg to differ on this.
I have a combined credit depth of 12 years but still I'm standing at 793+ for last 5-6 years in Transunion Score.
What I understood is, this 10-15 points somebody can only cover if they take a Home/Car-Loan & don't pre-close it.
Only taking insecure loan doesn't generally push someone's score beyond 800+ in Transunion, for Highmark may be possible.
For myself Highmark is 805 always but Cibil I couldn't touch 795 even.

So yes, depth of credit always plays a vital role but it's always good to have a mix of both Secured & Unsecured Loans to keep your Score for all the bureaus to 800+ and beyond.
Average age is very important, not only oldest credit account... and yes, secure loan can be a game changer... but we shouldn't take any loan just to boost our CIBIL.