• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cheq Scam

ANIK

TF Buzz
I have been using cheq app for credit card payments since one month.
I have only 15 credit cards
But today when I opened the app, its showing around 27 credit cards on my profile.

First of all I don't own most of the cards this app is showing.
All card details are not mine.
App is showing wrong information.
I checked my cibil but everything is fine there.

I have contacted cheqsupport on twitter and sent an email as well regarding the issue and asked them to delete my Cheq account permanantly.
But received no reply from them.
What should i do now?
How to delete Cheq account?

Screenshot attached for reference. The cards shown in the screenshots are not mine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230326_111127.jpg
    Screenshot_20230326_111127.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20230326_111140.jpg
    Screenshot_20230326_111140.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20230326_111156.jpg
    Screenshot_20230326_111156.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20230326_104359.jpg
    Screenshot_20230326_104359.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 77

ANIK

TF Buzz
Ask cheq support team ?
btw it seems to be a technical bug leading to this. Nothing like a scam here.
Or there system might be hacked 🫣
Did you try logging out and login again?
I did clear data of the app many times.also uninstalled and then reinstalled the app several times.but same erroneous data is showing

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I did clear data of the app many times.also uninstalled and then reinstalled the app several times.but same erroneous data is showing
then this data is linked to your account.. hopefully because of a technical bug.
Is there any option to delete the cards from your account which you dont own?

krishc

TF Ace
Cheq also shows your old closed card accounts too
I personally experienced this
maybe something wrong with the way data sharing happens between Experian and Cheq
Cheq gets all the card details from Experian only

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
This whole cheq thing is a scam. They don't delete our account permanently even though its written in their Privacy policy. I had to keep threatening them about complain to RBI, then only they replied to my mail 'after 1 month' that my account will be deleted.

On the First request, they simply denied that they don't delete the account.

ANIK

TF Buzz
Cheq also shows your old closed card accounts too
I personally experienced this
maybe something wrong with the way data sharing happens between Experian and Cheq
Cheq gets all the card details from Experian only
I checked my cibil and its alright.
As you are referring to old closed cards , i checked my old closed card numbers (last 4 digit) but they are different from the data Cheq app is showing.

ANIK

TF Buzz
This whole cheq thing is a scam. They don't delete our account permanently even though its written in their Privacy policy. I had to keep threatening them about complain to RBI, then only they replied to my mail 'after 1 month' that my account will be deleted.

On the First request, they simply denied that they don't delete the account.
Is your account deleted?

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
Nothing fishy It is actually a bug. I had referred 2 of the users to the app & now even in my app it shows all of there cards including mine. I thing this issue is from past 2 days & there twitter is flooded with same.
Should be fixed by Monday considering sat-sun is a non-working day in IT.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Nothing fishy It is actually a bug. I had referred 2 of the users to the app & now even in my app it shows all of there cards including mine. I thing this issue is from past 2 days & there twitter is flooded with same.
Bug? They're literally showing other's sensitive data in your account. This is serious security breach. This shows they can't be trusted with our data.

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
Bug? They're literally showing other's sensitive data in your account. This is serious security breach. This shows they can't be trusted with our data.
True critical bug but not security breach. Makes me wonder should I continue or close the Acc. Still Reward -> Risk at the moment for me
Also, just my 2cents you couldn't do anything with last 4 digit of any cc.

Last edited:

ANIK

TF Buzz
This is serious issue and it must not happen. Hope it will get corrected on monday