• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cheq asking for CVV- Is it safe?

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Why is Cheq requiring CVV just to do credit card payments? Neither Cred nor MobiKwik demanded this.
This app looks suspicious. They found out the PAN without even asking. Simply by mobile number!!

Is Reward system really good now? 1:4 cash conversion ratio and 1:2 coupon conversation ratio. Not good anymore.
But new people don't know that convertion ratio was 1:1

So it is good for them 😄

If we change our platinum debit card, cheQ app will be useful for us also... 😃

Anyway, I am sure it is better than Cred for big payments. Am I right??

#I already uninstalled this app.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
But new people don't know that convertion ratio was 1:1

So it is good for them 😄

If we change our platinum debit card, cheQ app will be useful for us also... 😃

Anyway, I am sure it is better than Cred for big payments. Am I right??

#I already uninstalled this app.
For big payments, Yes for sure. Far better than cred. But it also has restriction of 4000 coins per month.

But if we have to move from platinum card, then RBL Signature+ and Indus Exclusive Signature cards are there for similar Cashback.
I think and almost assured that cheq will further downgrade its Cashback which will make it useless in coming future. Lot of alternatives are there in terms of debit card Cashback/rewards.

I too have uninstalled the app and sent the request for account closure.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
I think these credit bureaus should provide 2FA before someone accessing our data, not to mention credit report contains full card number for some banks.
I agree with this point. Other banks have masked the card no. but HDFC Bank provides actual card no. to the credit bureaus which is risky when these bureau gives the data so easily without 2FA.

I agree with this point. Other banks have masked the card no. but HDFC Bank provides actual card no. to the credit bureaus which is risky when these bureau gives the data so easily without 2FA.
Other banks share our credit account instead of card number. ICICI customer can see their credit account number in credit score. I think HDFC does not have one like that....