• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Card payment done on 8th March, still not reflecting in credit card app

maynigam

TF Premier
I made payment of axis atlas using debit card on HDFC Bill pay on 8th March. Due date was 11th March. They say it takes 3 working days.
Payment not reflecting in axis app! Customer service suggested sending payment confirmation screenshot.
Today is 12th! According to RBI guidelines, 3 day grace period is supposed to be given. Are there any downsides to making use of this 3 day grace period? Does it put some kind of red flag on your account/credit history?
Should I just make the payment again using cred (its usually instant payment)?
Any suggestions?

helloworld

TF Legend
A fair warning: None of the bill payment portals are responsible for late payment credit or cancel and refund the payment. Its there in T&Cs are for that matter they can simply ignore if you say 'why it took this much time'.

This applies to all portals, be it CRED, HDFC Bill Pay, Pytm anything. Most of the time it credits but if any delay none of them responsible for it.

If my due date is 11th march, I consider 5th or 6th to pay the bill (I generally pay even earllier, but 5 working days is safe side).

- Your payment will be credited and mostly date of payment shown as 8th March, in Axis records, so no issues with late payment or CIBIL impact.

- No CIBIL downsides if you make payment during grace period but may attract interest.
Note: making payment in grace period means, it should be settle or credit during that time. It impact if you paid but not credited during this time.

- If billl amount is small and certain that CRED credits instantly, do that on safe side and use that amount next purchase (it won't go anywhere).

1710231224134.png

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
I made payment of axis atlas using debit card on HDFC Bill pay on 8th March. Due date was 11th March. They say it takes 3 working days.
Payment not reflecting in axis app! Customer service suggested sending payment confirmation screenshot.
Today is 12th! According to RBI guidelines, 3 day grace period is supposed to be given. Are there any downsides to making use of this 3 day grace period? Does it put some kind of red flag on your account/credit history?
Should I just make the payment again using cred (its usually instant payment)?
Any suggestions?
8,9,10 are holiday
It's taken minimum 3 working days on hdfc bill portal

So your payment will reflect on or after 13

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
I made icici card bill pay on 7th on parkplus still not got. As 9,10 were holidays. No tension as I have time.
Why u wait until last 2-3 days?
8 also holiday. You have to wait 3 working days because this much time taken for settlement on bill desk except SBI, indusind,idfc, RBL. Are you new to billdesk ?

RajS

TF Select
I paid from hdfc bill pay for Icici coral rupay on 7th march and still not credited to credit card. I had to make payment from saving account to avoid late payment.

I will request icici refund once the payment is credited

maynigam

TF Premier
8 also holiday. You have to wait 3 working days because this much time taken for settlement on bill desk except SBI, indusind,idfc, RBL. Are you new to billdesk ?
It got credited today. And date of payment is mentioned as 8th March. So no problem!
Not new, usually payment is reflected immediately!

A fair warning: None of the bill payment portals are responsible for late payment credit or cancel and refund the payment. Its there in T&Cs are for that matter they can simply ignore if you say 'why it took this much time'.

This applies to all portals, be it CRED, HDFC Bill Pay, Pytm anything. Most of the time it credits but if any delay none of them responsible for it.

If my due date is 11th march, I consider 5th or 6th to pay the bill (I generally pay even earllier, but 5 working days is safe side).

- Your payment will be credited and mostly date of payment shown as 8th March, in Axis records, so no issues with late payment or CIBIL impact.

- No CIBIL downsides if you make payment during grace period but may attract interest.
Note: making payment in grace period means, it should be settle or credit during that time. It impact if you paid but not credited during this time.

- If billl amount is small and certain that CRED credits instantly, do that on safe side and use that amount next purchase (it won't go anywhere).

1710231224134.png
regarding 2nd point
My payment received date is being shown as 8th March (due date was 7th march) & the effective date/settling they are saying is of 11th march as per CC(on calling ). They levied the Late fee & have reversed the late fee but have not reversed the GST.
will it be reported as a late payment in CIBIL?

maynigam

TF Premier
regarding 2nd point
My payment received date is being shown as 8th March (due date was 7th march) & the effective date/settling they are saying is of 11th march as per CC(on calling ). They levied the Late fee & have reversed the late fee but have not reversed the GST.
Maybe. Because RBI has instructed a grace period of 3 days. It's beyond 3 days in your case

helloworld

TF Legend
regarding 2nd point

check in statement or netbanking and see which date that 'Cr.' reporting. If it passes the 3 days grace period, request bank to not report anything to CIBIL as a goodwill.
Note: They may refund late fee and including GST, if you asked but still can report to CIBIL as late payment.

So, if it crosses grace period too, request bank to not report. otherwise, they won't report.

sums

TF Buzz
I made double payment for axis fk on 28th feb via parkplus and again on 1st march via axis mobile app as 1st march was last date, was worried late payment could affect my cibil score but after that had to go through very long and frustrating argument with axis customer care for the refund of excess payment.
My bill was around 28k. I would say pay in excess if you can spend that by next billing cycle.

Edit: Make sure to choose a method which reflect instantly, for that try every platform with as little as 20-50 rs

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
In my experience, HDFC Bill desk usually takes around a week to process payment and for it to reflect in credit card account,

In case of dire Emergency, i would suggest making Minimum due payment by the fastest payment method which is credit card issuing banks own portal or going to branch

I never relied on the 3 days grace period as I've heard people getting charged intrest or even negative cibil hit occasionally and its cumbersome to reverse these things

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Which is the fastest method apart from these? Sometimes banks don't offer instant payment when we don't have a bank account with them.
In axis there's a way on home page to make payment to card fod me ,and i don't have any account with them

Apart from these ,i found cred to be fastest
Paytm and Mobikwik are decent as well

Hdfc bill desk is the slowest of all so far ,i made a payment on my ICICI Amazon Pay card on 09th and today morning its reflecting
For my axis cards it takes upto a week to reflect payment

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I made double payment for axis fk on 28th feb via parkplus and again on 1st march via axis mobile app as 1st march was last date, was worried late payment could affect my cibil score but after that had to go through very long and frustrating argument with axis customer care for the refund of excess payment.
My bill was around 28k. I would say pay in excess if you can spend that by next billing cycle.

Edit: Make sure to choose a method which reflect instantly, for that try every platform with as little as 20-50 rs

Got my all payment from parkplus. But out of 2, one payment got 7th date and other one got 12th date. Beaware.
What's the benefit of using parkplus ,never heard of it for card payments ?

CyberPsych

TF Ace
In axis there's a way on home page to make payment to card fod me ,and i don't have any account with them

Apart from these ,i found cred to be fastest
Paytm and Mobikwik are decent as well

Hdfc bill desk is the slowest of all so far ,i made a payment on my ICICI Amazon Pay card on 09th and today morning its reflecting
For my axis cards it takes upto a week to reflect payment
If I pay again through CRED to avoid late payments, can I reverse one payment afterwards by contacting customer care?