• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Card for Shell Petrol?

SmartSave

TF Premier
Although I've searched and looked up as much as I can but couldn't find any concrete information regarding any credit cards or even a debit card that has any rewards for spends at Shell Petrol but would appreciate if anyone has any information and could suggest a suitable card which can yield some rewards as monthly spends are in 30-60k range and they're all in Shell Petrol only.

We already use Shell app and get some points but it doesn't seem like it's as rewarding as it could be using some proper card.

If there are none (co-branded/partner cards), what's the best alternate card which can be rewarding for fuel purchases?

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Although I've searched and looked up as much as I can but couldn't find any concrete information regarding any credit cards or even a debit card that has any rewards for spends at Shell Petrol but would appreciate if anyone has any information and could suggest a suitable card which can yield some rewards as monthly spends are in 30-60k range and they're all in Shell Petrol only.

We already use Shell app and get some points but it doesn't seem like it's as rewarding as it could be using some proper card.

If there are none (co-branded/partner cards), what's the best alternate card which can be rewarding for fuel purchases?
Why are you fueling up at shell? They are charging 25% extra for the same fuel. Earlier it was 4-5% which was acceptable.

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
Stan C - Platinum Rewards Credit card for 5x points and Stan C Super Value Titanium Credit Card that the only one I can think of.

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
shell petrol has lasted surprisingly for a bit larger distance compared to other omcs for the same distance plus the difference isnt that huge
in mumbai
when bpcl charged around 106
shell normal variant was at 108-109
Yes Shell is better, plus attendant is not always trying to rip you off on Shell.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
shell petrol has lasted surprisingly for a bit larger distance compared to other omcs for the same distance plus the difference isnt that huge
in mumbai
when bpcl charged around 106
shell normal variant was at 108-109
Shell petrol is good for high-performance ICEs. They have a RON 91 for normal petrol and 99 for their Vpower. Normal cars will do fine with regular petrol available everywhere(89-91 RON). One of my vehicles needs higher octane fuel and I prefer IOCL XP95 over Shell V power due to lower cost and better availability. And best part about IOCL is you can see exactly which pumps have high-octane fuels and is very useful on roadtrips.
In Bangalore-
Iocl/Bpcl/Hp.: Petrol-101.9, Diesel-89, High octane petrol-109 to 120(based on the OMC)
Shell~ Petrol-117, Diesel-126, V-power petrol-127

Also, the higher the octane number, doesn't necessarily give higher mileage. So that is a myth. XD

Last edited:

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Shell petrol is good for high-performance ICEs. They have a RON 95 for normal petrol and 99 for their Vpower.

Also, the higher the octane number, doesn't necessarily give higher mileage. So that is a myth. XD
Shell regular and Vpower petrol is just 91 RON. Vpower has just additives added.

sarainfo12

TF Premier
Indusind delights debit card , 5% cashback upto 750rs per month on fuel, dining , OTT and entertainment spends.

Note: as per indusind website 1rp = 1rs, but for some people get only 1rp = 0.5rs while redeem including me . Got the remaining amount by complaining customer care.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Shell regular and Vpower petrol is just 91 RON. Vpower has just additives added.
Are you sure about that? Shell is properly ripping off people in India in that case. Globally, the V-Power moniker is dedicated to their high-octane petrol(95-99 RON). Could you share something from Shell/or any official source to corroborate this?

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Are you sure about that? Shell is properly ripping off people in India in that case. Globally, the V-Power moniker is dedicated to their high-octane petrol(95-99 RON). Could you share something from Shell/or any official source to corroborate this?
I used to think the same. I verified in the Shell invoice that petrol comes to them in a Shell petrol pump. I was very disappointed 😞. Only good thing about Shell is the quality and quantity without any pump level cheating.

I am now sticking to XP95 if it is only from Company owned pump of IOCL and there is Power95 from HPCL in few outlets (new variant for 95, not regular Power which is just 91 with additives).

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
I used to think the same. I verified in the Shell invoice that petrol comes to them in a Shell petrol pump. I was very disappointed 😞. Only good thing about Shell is the quality and quantity without any pump level cheating.

I am now sticking to XP95 if it is only from Company owned pump of IOCL and there is Power95 from HPCL in few outlets (new variant for 95, not regular Power which is just 91 with additives).
I agree. There is no compromise on quality when it comes to shell, but it is priced at too much of a premium, at least here in Bangalore. Petrol is at a premium of Rs.16 and Diesel commands a whopping Rs.29! I do about 1500-2000 kms in a month and that difference overtime will amount to a lot for me.

99% of the time I use IOCL due to the vast number of pumps that carry XP95. Anyways, how do you find out which IOCL pumps are state-owned? I haven't managed to find any here in Bangalore(at least on my regular routes).