• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Card closure before activation

abhi₹hek

TF Buzz
I applied for au Bank altura + credit card, it was assured to be lifetime free but when i received the card in welcome kit it was mentioned as chargeable card.

Now i don't want to activate a charged card and wish to close before activation .how can I do it ?

Are there any new rbi guidelines regarding it

Attachments

• 20230603_154832.jpg
    20230603_154832.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 52

binno

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes I think mostly it does, but generally in welcome letter they give multiple activation steps like via call / sms / mobile / internet banking and I think doing any of them activates the card
yea .. i did that before the card delivered in excitement and now i am stuck with 20k limit of sbi cb… didn’t know limit transfer discontinued.. (thought to transfer my simply click 80% limit to sbi cb)

Random123

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
yea .. i did that before the card delivered in excitement and now i am stuck with 20k limit of sbi cb… didn’t know limit transfer discontinued.. (thought to transfer my simply click 80% limit to sbi cb)
Oh sorry to hear that. Maybe ask for LE if you are comfortable sharing income docs or match limit of existing sbi card mentioning low limit. Either way, might take some time to make it happen. All the best !

binno

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Oh sorry to hear that. Maybe ask for LE if you are comfortable sharing income docs or match limit of existing sbi card mentioning low limit. Either way, might take some time to make it happen. All the best !
1. I can share documents .. but will they consider LE i just got the card today
2. Has anyone got the limit matched with his primary card yet ?