• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Car Loan Transfer to Other Bank from BOB.

Darthvader

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have taken a Car loan from BOB year ago, the bank had created a savings account just for loan purpose, for auto debit process of loan from BOB SB.
Almost a year over there are several issues with this BOB bank.

- Every time i pay my monthly EMI precisely right amount, they are calling and asking for more as its a penalty. i do not understand what is this penalty for what ? Its a auto debit which happens on time. Last time 300 they asked more for debit card charges, since its of no use i blocked it and didn't reorder again.

- The Bank has a pathetic customer support, the agents are so rude that they have no clue. They keep saying go to bank where loan you have availed . Even to give the bank branch number also they suck big time.

- They had given me login creds for net banking but the portal says debit card invalid, number and email not registered. Its just crazy that i have a debit card but its is not recognized . (Before blocking tried).

I am fed up of these issues, hence i want to know can i transfer car loan to any other banks (axis,icici) ? If you have done/ have any idea on this please let me know.

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Looks like OP did not get a response on this.

I am about to take a car loan from BOB - do you think the service has improved after your post - they have offered both fixed and floating ROI.

No foreclosure charges too.

Others do comment if you have a POV.

Darthvader

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Looks like OP did not get a response on this.

I am about to take a car loan from BOB - do you think the service has improved after your post - they have offered both fixed and floating ROI.

No foreclosure charges too.

Others do comment if you have a POV.
i emailed Regional head and it got solved later but they suck big time.

Darthvader

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Ohh- wish I had read this post earlier - now there is a loan enquiry on my CIBIL and the loan is approved too.

Let me see if I can explore any other option.

Thanks for the update Bro

Just see if they can do ECS from your existing account rather than opening a new savings account just for loan purpose and then put useless charges.

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Asked coz interest seems to be a bit on the higher side.. am a banker in the retail segment, so just asked out of general curiosity. Sorry if the questions were intrusive😂
No no m fine taking these questions on DM.

Yes I agree ROI is on the higher side but BOB is offering no prepayment/part payment charges from Day 1. So I am fine shelling out few extra bucks as I will close the loan by end of this year.

deep@vie

TF Legend
I have taken a Car loan from BOB year ago, the bank had created a savings account just for loan purpose, for auto debit process of loan from BOB SB.
Almost a year over there are several issues with this BOB bank.

- Every time i pay my monthly EMI precisely right amount, they are calling and asking for more as its a penalty. i do not understand what is this penalty for what ? Its a auto debit which happens on time. Last time 300 they asked more for debit card charges, since its of no use i blocked it and didn't reorder again.

- The Bank has a pathetic customer support, the agents are so rude that they have no clue. They keep saying go to bank where loan you have availed . Even to give the bank branch number also they suck big time.

- They had given me login creds for net banking but the portal says debit card invalid, number and email not registered. Its just crazy that i have a debit card but its is not recognized . (Before blocking tried).

I am fed up of these issues, hence i want to know can i transfer car loan to any other banks (axis,icici) ? If you have done/ have any idea on this please let me know.
Auto loan transfer isn't possible

anilkrsh

TF Premier
No no m fine taking these questions on DM.

Yes I agree ROI is on the higher side but BOB is offering no prepayment/part payment charges from Day 1. So I am fine shelling out few extra bucks as I will close the loan by end of this year.
Ho do you prepay principal? When I try to prepay, it shows my future emis will be adjusted. Please help.

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Ho do you prepay principal? When I try to prepay, it shows my future emis will be adjusted. Please help.
For me BM has shared following current account details in below format:

For partpayment/prepayment account details:

Ac no:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ac name: SUNDRY DEPOSIT RTGS OUTWARD MESSAGES

Type of account: Current