• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cant apply for idfc credit cards

Dr-green69

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone

I applied for idfc credit card on 24/8/2022 which is 6 months 15 days ago and it was rejected just after i enter my number not i want to apply but i cant. Is there any way i can apply as cooldown period is already over and i dont know why i cant apply.

Attachments

• IMG_20230311_200107.jpg
    IMG_20230311_200107.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 114

SaiyamK

TF Select
Have the same issue applied in May last year & till date whenever I try to apply it shows old application number. Wrote 3 emails to nodal officer no resolution has been provided. In the end decided to skip it!!
Same for me but year ago, wrote so many mails. The person from nodal office acted like a bot only.

GautamGR

TF Neo
I've had same application error,
I assumed I was being shadowbanned or something since I was mad and complained to support that I'm not interested in any Preapproved Loan Offers they are calling all the time,
And I also closed my Savings Account, since I figured the overall benefits aren't too impressive...

Thankfully, I got approved for SBI card and RBL Card together shortly after all that drama, so no complaints here I guess

src223

TF Premier
Yup, same issue. My card got rejected in March of last year, and I still can't apply. Haven't seen a lot of IDFC offers recently, so I don't mind skipping IDFC cards.

phani11

TF Premier
Yup, same issue. My card got rejected in March of last year, and I still can't apply. Haven't seen a lot of IDFC offers recently, so I don't mind skipping IDFC cards.

Except super premium cards, idfc offers best reward rate.
For each 125 rs, they give 6x rewards for online purchase, 3x rp for offline and 10x points for purchase >20k,

Icici, standard chartered, Citi, axis general cards ( not the premium ones) give 0.50 rs per 100 rs, whereas idfc gives 1/1.5 rs per 100.( Even more if spends are more than 20k monthly)

src223

TF Premier
For each 125 rs, they give 6x rewards for online purchase, 3x rp for offline and 10x points for purchase >20k,

Icici, standard chartered, Citi, axis general cards ( not the premium ones) give 0.50 rs per 100 rs, whereas idfc gives 1/1.5 rs per 100.( Even more if spends are more than 20k monthly)
I am more of a cashback-cards kind of person, so not great at managing reward points. 😅

3rd point could be there reason.. 3 personal loans. I referred to one of my friend a month back and his application was rejected because he has 1 active personal loan of 6 lacs.
I believe that should not be the reason. I am having a personal loan and several pay later accounts, but that never obstructed me to get an IDFC Card even without having any prior relationship with the bank.

src223

TF Premier
I believe that should not be the reason. I am having a personal loan and several pay later accounts, but that never obstructed me to get an IDFC Card even without having any prior relationship with the bank.
This issue of not being able to apply again is basically a technical bug on the bank's backend, which the bank is not willing to fix.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge

Now it’s 30k
Bars are up

phani11

TF Premier
Oh ok mine is wealth and in their mail it’s mentioned so
Thanks for clarifying
I was assuming that you must have wealth so...
Anyways, did you apply with c2c ?
When I applied for IDFC cc, my hdfc card limit was 5 lacs and they gave select only.
Now my hdfc card limit is 12+ lacs, should I ask idfc to upgrade ?
Any trick I could upgrade it to wealth.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
When I applied for IDFC cc, my hdfc card limit was 5 lacs and they gave select only.
I did with Amex mrcc with 5lac limit, my employer is on their list and cibil 800 on date of applying
Upgrade option so far in TF forum no one got success so it won’t work
If u r fine close and apply fresh after cooling period

phani11

TF Premier
I did with Amex mrcc with 5lac limit, my employer is on their list and cibil 800 on date of applying
Upgrade option so far in TF forum no one got success so it won’t work
If u r fine close and apply fresh after cooling period
With some of the shared ongoing tricks, I will be done spending 3 lacs in 3 months, I will try to upgrade if they do based on spends.
Or else close and reapply

SaiyamK

TF Select
Just call their customer care or create complaint you will receive a call in minutes and tell them to cancel the last application (takes upto 5 working days) or get your last application number so that you can continue with that (didn't worked for me as the application was already expired but wasn't closed)
I called customer care and they told me to wait for an offer, and I have wrote many mails with messages in back and forth continuing for months but no solution so not trying that again.

Can you brief out the way you were able to increase you credit limit on HDFC from 5L to 12+L?

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone

I applied for idfc credit card on 24/8/2022 which is 6 months 15 days ago and it was rejected just after i enter my number not i want to apply but i cant. Is there any way i can apply as cooldown period is already over and i dont know why i cant apply.
I faced the same issue. At the time of applying I was confident that with my credit history and CIBIL Score they'll offer me Wealth or Select at least. But after the video KYC, they instead rejected my application. That was basically due variation is address, My Aadhar had my permanent address but I'm right now working in an different city. After a month I opened a Savings account with them and with the account itself they offered the Credit Card. And now I am happy with the Savings Account and do not use their Credit Card at all.

satraghav

TF Select
I faced the same issue. At the time of applying I was confident that with my credit history and CIBIL Score they'll offer me Wealth or Select at least. But after the video KYC, they instead rejected my application. That was basically due variation is address, My Aadhar had my permanent address but I'm right now working in an different city. After a month I opened a Savings account with them and with the account itself they offered the Credit Card. And now I am happy with the Savings Account and do not use their Credit Card at all.
If you don't mind, which SB account variant did you opened with IDFC for which they offered a CC?

Salvo08

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you don't mind, which SB account variant did you opened with IDFC for which they offered a CC?
I started with a common Standard variant with MAB of 25K. I have completed a little more than a year now with IDFC. My account was upgraded to Wealth five months back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230517-155934.png
    Screenshot_20230517-155934.png
    316.4 KB · Views: 21