• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cancelling Vistara complimentary business class ticket

rajgopalsinghal

TF Premier
Hi,

I made a booking on Vistara business class using complimentary voucher. but I need to cancel for some reason.

before talking to customer, I want to confirm if I can cancel the ticket? will I be able to use voucher again after cancellation? or is it possible to reschedule to a later date?

thanks

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I'll tell you my story, don't know if it'll be applicable in your case.
I booked a Business class ticket using voucher, then after some days I got a message from Vistara that my ticket has been downgraded to Economy. So I called the priority connect and asked why did they downgrade it. They told me that the plane got changed and the new plane has only Economy seats. They also told me for compensation, what they can do is give me 2 class upgrade vouchers for free.
But I asked them if they can change my flying date to next day, and the girl on phone said that there is a seat available for next day and she rescheduled it on the spot without any hassle or fees.
Now I don't know if this was a free reschedule because of Vistara Gold status, or they did it because of the plane change thing. You can try calling them and I think they'll be able to help you.
Thanks for sharing. They gave it to you because they had changed the plane. They won’t allow date change under normal circumstances. Anyway I’ll call them and get it clarified, and post their response here.

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks for sharing. They gave it to you because they had changed the plane. They won’t allow date change under normal circumstances. Anyway I’ll call them and get it clarified, and post their response here.
As per these, changes are possible 3 days prior with some charges and for cancellation only taxes are refunded :-
1. https://www.airvistara.com/content/...ers/documents/VistaraFreeTicketVoucherTnC.pdf
2. https://www.axisbank.com/docs/defau...-tc-final0dabb6b9be576bf08df9ff03000b8c1c.pdf
3. https://www.airvistara.com/sg/en/club-vistara/tiers-and-benefits/vouchers

kej

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
A slightly different but related query: What can I do if I redeemed CV points for a Business Class seat but due to a change of aircraft the seats were degraded to Economy? The points deducted were still for Business. Can I ask for some compensation?

Ravi007

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My 2 premium economy vistara tickets got expired last week , one way i know to get extensions of 3 months by paying Rs 2500 /- per tickets .

Any other way or tricks to used these tickets with minimum cost ?

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I'll tell you my story, don't know if it'll be applicable in your case.
I booked a Business class ticket using voucher, then after some days I got a message from Vistara that my ticket has been downgraded to Economy. So I called the priority connect and asked why did they downgrade it. They told me that the plane got changed and the new plane has only Economy seats. They also told me for compensation, what they can do is give me 2 class upgrade vouchers for free.
But I asked them if they can change my flying date to next day, and the girl on phone said that there is a seat available for next day and she rescheduled it on the spot without any hassle or fees.
Now I don't know if this was a free reschedule because of Vistara Gold status, or they did it because of the plane change thing. You can try calling them and I think they'll be able to help you.
Getting two upgrade vouchers while losing a business-class seat sounds like a really bad deal tbh. Is this process really common ? Do they keep changing seats at last minute?

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Do you guys think if I want to use my business class voucher and book a ticket 2 days from today will I be able to get a seat? Has anyone successfully done this in such short span?

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Do you guys think if I want to use my business class voucher and book a ticket 2 days from today will I be able to get a seat? Has anyone successfully done this in such short span?
Depends on the date & route.. you can check for 2 days from today to get an idea (better to check for same day of the week)