• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cancelled my stanchart ultimate card. What is the replacement?

zephyr0

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have cancelled my standard charted ultimate card as they weren't willing to remove the annual CC fees, and their redemption options have been shrinking since last year. Now that the card has been cancelled, what are the options in the Super Premium segment?

I can only see the Yes Bank Marquee card, which is decently attractive. BTW, I hold an Infinia and Axis Magnus (Burgundy) card. Looking forward to hearing from the community.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes.... Marquee is a good card to have. But why do you need any other card given that you have MB and Infinia? Do you have any spend categories not covered by above cards for which you need replacement?

IDFC wealth covers some of the exclusion categories of above two cards, namely wallet loads and Govt spends

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have cancelled my standard charted ultimate card as they weren't willing to remove the annual CC fees, and their redemption options have been shrinking since last year. Now that the card has been cancelled, what are the options in the Super Premium segment?

I can only see the Yes Bank Marquee card, which is decently attractive. BTW, I hold an Infinia and Axis Magnus (Burgundy) card. Looking forward to hearing from the community.
First of all my many hearty Congratulations 👏👏 to you on getting rid of the most useless super premium card !!!
Now coming to next question..
What are you looking for in your ultimate replacement…
As suggested by comrades, Yes Marquee and IDFC wealth are good choices and you may consider Amex plat travel as well for diversity

zephyr0

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
There are three specific areas where SC ultimate was good - insurance, govt spending (property tax, income tax etc.) & residential society/rent payments. In the past, SC used to run 10X offers for insurance. They always gave rewards for govt spend & rent. I am missing it 😞.

It seems that IDFC wealth gives rewards for govt spend. Rent payment is an area where every CC is removing offers. Insurance is the one area where there are no special offers from anyone.

MangoRush

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Marquee doesn't make sense with the devaluations, ( Wallet excluded and Surcharge on Utility).
Since you already hold the top 2 mainstream cards, don't bother with another one.

Animal

TF Premier
I have also closed my SC Ultimate today. I didn’t even ask to annual fee reversal.

If you have Infinia + IDFC wealth combo, most of your spends should be covered.

zephyr0

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Now that IDFC wealth card has been devalued (gives 3X for govt spend), what other card can I opt form Does anyone know what is the reward rate for Marquee card for online government spend?