• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Canara Bank CC application rejected

Dexter384

TF Buzz
Little about myself,
Cibil 772, Apau 80k no income proof , Axis Fk 45k no income proof, Onecard FD 4k, HDFC 18k based on Salary account.

After graduation, recently joined a organisation with an 25-30k in hand , HDFC Salary account.

I am having Canara SB account past 4 years, and thought of applying for Rupay CC,

July 4, Applied online just basic info
July 26, went to branch, met with BM, said it has very low chance of approval because I don't hold payroll account with them, persuaded me to make Canara as my salary account. I managed to deny, still he helped to process application and was asked for 3 months payslips, passbook, pan and adhaar copy.
Aug 3, got a call from branch, asking for bank statement of salary account to verify salary credit, submitted the same.
Aug 8, New application number generated with status received application.

Tried multiple times to know the status of the application and only reply was to get in touch with bank.

Aug 28, Today visited branch, was told my application has been rejected, reason was I don't hold salary aka payroll account with them.

Canara Bank Credit Card Policy 2023-24 documents has no such clause to back the rejection reason, any way have mailed them asking for rejection. Will keep you posted

any such or similar experience with Canara Bank.

Hdfc 2nd credit card reject kr rha hai baar baar... Hdfc Millennia credit card hai bs ... Tata neu multiple times apply kr chuka lekin deny kr rha hai ...

Reason puchha toh internal policy bta dete hai ...
Do not apply 2nd HDFC credit card through them. Always apply Tata Neu credit card through Tata Neu app and Swiggy credit card through Swiggy app. Your 2nd HDFC credit card will be approved with a shared limit.

placard

TF Buzz
My sincere suggestion is not to apply for Canara Bank card. I have a Canara Credit Card from past 9+ years. There are too many issues, they won't enhance credit limit even if you submit all required documents. I have submitted necessary documents several times for the last two years, and they lost those documents most of the time. Card limit of mine is same from the day card was forcefully issued to me because of my home loan relationship. They report wrong details to credit bureaus due to which your scores will come down drastically. In my case I am trying to rectify these bureau errors past 3 years, with all necessary details, however still they are not obliging. If you submit anything in CPGRS portal, again they will forward the complaint to branch and branch will simply close the complaint saying please visit branch with necessary documents. If you visit the branch you will find that SBI personals are better than Canara Bank staff. After submitting all required documents several times all these years I finally sent them thru registered post so that I can escalate the issue to RBI. I am waiting for the new RBI rule to kick-in so that I can get things sorted out.

Please note that I am a Canara Bank customer from past 19+ years. Off late due to such a worst service, I closed most of my relationship with the bank except this credit card and linked SB a/c (this is my oldest card).

There are way better cards, with far less hassles and having many offers at time-to-time.

Bhanu Agarwal

TF Premier
Did anyone get Canara Bank credit card? Do they ask for income proof or ITR if you have savings account with them?
There are 2 ways to apply.
1st one is straight forward & no need to visit anywhere. Just from mobile app you can apply. --> apply against FD
2nd one is shit process, you need to visit branch with all the necessary docs (99% of the employees either don't know how to apply offline for customers & 1% don't want to do job) --> if you stress them then only they'll proceed. --> this will definitely hit your cibil & other stuffs

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My sincere suggestion is not to apply for Canara Bank card. I have a Canara Credit Card from past 9+ years. There are too many issues, they won't enhance credit limit even if you submit all required documents. I have submitted necessary documents several times for the last two years, and they lost those documents most of the time. Card limit of mine is same from the day card was forcefully issued to me because of my home loan relationship. They report wrong details to credit bureaus due to which your scores will come down drastically. In my case I am trying to rectify these bureau errors past 3 years, with all necessary details, however still they are not obliging. If you submit anything in CPGRS portal, again they will forward the complaint to branch and branch will simply close the complaint saying please visit branch with necessary documents. If you visit the branch you will find that SBI personals are better than Canara Bank staff. After submitting all required documents several times all these years I finally sent them thru registered post so that I can escalate the issue to RBI. I am waiting for the new RBI rule to kick-in so that I can get things sorted out.

Please note that I am a Canara Bank customer from past 19+ years. Off late due to such a worst service, I closed most of my relationship with the bank except this credit card and linked SB a/c (this is my oldest card).

There are way better cards, with far less hassles and having many offers at time-to-time.
I was considering applying for a Canara card through my branch ,

But after reading your post ,I'm having 2nd thoughts

AllThatStuff

TF Premier
I was considering applying for a Canara card through my branch ,

But after reading your post ,I'm having 2nd thoughts
I hope you were planning to open a savings account too, if you don't have one already, right ??

So all I could understand after going through the thread is that a savings a/c is must to apply for a unsecured credit card. Also, alternate way to get a credit card w/o saving a/c is through a FD, i.e. secured credit card.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I hope you were planning to open a savings account too, if you don't have one already, right ??

So all I could understand after going through the thread is that a savings a/c is must to apply for a unsecured credit card. Also, alternate way to get a credit card w/o saving a/c is through a FD, i.e. secured credit card.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...
Sounds about right ,

Also ,I've got a savings A/c with Canara for over half a decade

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Update ,applied for a Canara Card yesterday ,asked for Mastercard World Card ,branch lady was very enthusiastic ,told me to take 2 cards(only applied for 1 for now) and told me she'll provide me with highest limit

Unlike other card applications ,in Canara you've to mention your desired credit limit and then they'll decide whether you'll get it or not
Also BM has some power to authorise limit upto certain amount from his side(my BM's upper limit is 5L)

Let's see how it goes...

anonymuos

TF Ace
Update ,applied for a Canara Card yesterday ,asked for Mastercard World Card ,branch lady was very enthusiastic ,told me to take 2 cards(only applied for 1 for now) and told me she'll provide me with highest limit

Unlike other card applications ,in Canara you've to mention your desired credit limit and then they'll decide whether you'll get it or not
Also BM has some power to authorise limit upto certain amount from his side(my BM's upper limit is 5L)

Let's see how it goes...
Thank you for valuable information bro. I am thinking of applying for Canara's RuPay Platinum soon.