• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can a bank close my Credit card for non/less usage?

AsB

TF Ace
I have some Credit Cards which I barely use. Example - if I have two cards from the same bank, I use one of them extensively, while I barely use the other one, or use it when it has more offers than the former.
In other cases, there are some cards which I barely use. Example- I got an Indusind bank Credit card for my father, but I only use it when there are offers on Amazon, that too, only if its cashback value is more than other cards that I have.

So, if I dont use a card often, or use it for less transactions, or for less transactional value, will the bank close my card?

If not, Can I use such cards for like 1 payment of Rs 10 per year to keep it active?

P.S. - I am only talking about LTF cards in the above.

Last edited:

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Gotcha so paying during unbilled transaction will only keep the card active. Btw do you use auto debit ?
No, I always pay it manually, I do have it enabled for my axis ones but that setting is forced on me rather than my doing. (Don't ask, other people are able to turn off auto-debit but I'm not on my axis cards. Even axis customer care is not able to do it.)

SC_23

TF Premier
No, I always pay it manually, I do have it enabled for my axis ones but that setting is forced on me rather than my doing. (Don't ask, other people are able to turn off auto-debit but I'm not on my axis cards. Even axis customer care is not able to do it.)
No point in asking bro when it comes to banking always expect the unexpected :ROFLMAO:

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
I have some Credit Cards which I barely use. Example - if I have two cards from the same bank, I use one of them extensively, while I barely use the other one, or use it when it has more offers than the former.
In other cases, there are some cards which I barely use. Example- I got an Indusind bank Credit card for my father, but I only use it when there are offers on Amazon, that too, only if its cashback value is more than other cards that I have.

So, if I dont use a card often, or use it for less transactions, or for less transactional value, will the bank close my card?

If not, Can I use such cards for like 1 payment of Rs 10 per year to keep it active?

P.S. - I am only talking about LTF cards in the above.
Bank Will Not Close It... Anyway U Can Spend 10 Or 100 Rupees To Keep The Card Active

Reactions: AsB

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Never experienced it myself, insufficiency of funds in savings can be one reason.

Also if auto debit fails they might charge you
Failure of auto debit on any kind of setup will attract charges. Some fraud companies like bajaj emi will send multiple auto-debit requests in a same day (even though it's not supposed to do that in case first fails due to insufficient balance) and charge you for each failure 250+taxes ...

There are number of youtubers showing this scam.

These emi and credit card companies want you to fail or make a mistake somewhere and all the benefits you received in your life time will be stripped away. :ROFLMAO:

SC_23

TF Premier
Failure of auto debit on any kind of setup will attract charges. Some fraud companies like bajaj emi will send multiple auto-debit requests in a same day (even though it's not supposed to do that in case first fails due to insufficient balance) and charge you for each failure 250+taxes ...

There are number of youtubers showing this scam.

These emi and credit card companies want you to fail or make a mistake somewhere and all the benefits you received in your life time will be stripped away. :ROFLMAO:
Man Bajaj is different ball game all together talked to their customer care for delayed updation of closing of no cost emi came to know their were two loans running linked to my father's account Id fortunately it didn't showed up on cibil or even on their web portal shady af company

VS21

TF Buzz
True, its not about the adrenaline rush, that I have x number of cards, that I would show off and even perhaps ask others to do the same Or if it is LTF pile up as many as you can. :D A bit childish to say the least.

I have 3 credit cards till date (all LTF), HDFC Regalia (oldest card, used for lounge access now, else its useless for me), Amazon Pay ICICI for extensive use giving me cashbacks (no cashback points drama mind you or take airmiles to give me some more business story), and of late took IDFC Select (for movie offers, lounge access for partner). End of story.
Appreciate your approach to keep things simple @Souvik.
Could you please share the reason for preferring AmazonPay CC over Regalia ?
[ Note - I do have AmazonPay CC but contemplating applying for HDFC Millenia or HDFC Tata Neu ]