• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Burgundy Magnus 5:4 ratio

Post number 427 has been selected as best answer.

drsel

TF Legend
1) Please post here when your Magnus card with Burgundy status shows a 5:4 conversion ratio.

2) Also post if you have received a brand new Burgundy Magnus card or have the same old Magnus card.

3) Whether the brand new burgundy Magnus card is lifetime free or old Magnus card is made lifetime free because of your Burgundy 10 lac AQB savings account.

So far I don't think anyone in India is getting it, but its supposed to be starting from 15 to 21 September 2023.

Also kindly let us know how simple and easy it is to convert your existing ordinary savings account in Axis Bank to a Burgundy savings account. Thanks 🙏

Last edited:

sahilgulati5

TF Premier
Depends on which loyalty program you redeem with. But yes, in some cases the fuel surcharges on award redemption can be very high like with Flying Blue. But it can also be very nominal if booked with FFPs like Aeroplan, Turkish, etc.

And for the 30k miles example that I stated above the taxes should've been very low since the partner airline was Air India. Maybe 2-3K tops.
I only fly business/first using points. Or only if I can upgrade for a nominal charge which is rare. You need to try the Qatar Q suite once, you'll know how much of a difference there is.
Which I could travel the Q suite or first class. Hope I’m the future before the miles game gets devalued more I try atleast once

magnusfan

TF Buzz
Amex Travel isn't that great. Reaching the 4 lakhs milestone gets you around 45k points which are equal to around 15k in actual usage in best case scenario. So that's a reward rate of around 3% and only if you complete the 4 lakhs milestone. Hardly anything to get excited about. Even if you extract a little more, it's not going to be over a 5% return.
I value the Marriott points for a good 2/3 days vacation! I find Marriott better than Accor

Last edited: