• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

British Airways Household Account vs Friends and Family Points Pooling

seekndestroy99

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
A friend is willing to buy Qatar Avios from me. So I was looking for ways to transfer points. Directly through Qatar Avios costs $15 per 1000 Avios, which doesn't make any sense. Found a better way through pooling points.

It's possible to pool points with other people including friends in BA Executive Club:
When you redeem, the points would be deducted on pro-rata basis from the balance of each person. For example, if you have 9,000 Avios and your partner has 4,500, a redemption for 4,500 Avios will see 3,000 taken from you and 1,500 from your partner.

But I don't understand the difference between adding a friend in the same Household vs Friends and Family List. Members in Household List need to have the same address, whereas Friends and Family can reside at other addresses. I can change the address in my account, if the need arises. But any advantage of pooling under Household List vs Friends and Family? Please shed some light.

Links: